4 brief questions - before buying

This is a discussion on 4 brief questions - before buying within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; just 3 quick questions from someone who's finger is hovering over the buy button. 1. does calendar sync handle user generated fields from Google Calander? ...

Thread: 4 brief questions - before buying

4 brief questions - before buying

just 3 quick questions from someone who's finger is hovering over the buy button.

1. does calendar sync handle user generated fields from Google Calander?

2. does calendar sync handle multiple calendars? I've heard mixed reports.

3. firmware updates are OTA aren't they? no need to re-install apps or restore contacts after android updates?

4 the newly announced htc desire is looking pretty sexy but the Sense Ui would mean a delay in updates wouldn't it?

many thanks
    eske

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    answers in bold below

Quote Originally Posted by eske View Post
    just 3 quick questions from someone who's finger is hovering over the buy button.

not sure

native app won't sync multiple calendars across different accounts, but if you add extra calendars to your main account (in gmail or google apps) then you should get multiple calendar sync

3. firmware updates are OTA aren't they? no need to re-install apps or restore contacts after android updates?

OTA yes. Last one was painless

4 the newly announced htc desire is looking pretty sexy but the Sense Ui would mean a delay in updates wouldn't it?

I would say almost certainly it would delay updates as HTC may need to tweek the sense ui before pushing out the update

many thanks
    eske

thanks

Thanks @CXM for the reply

so does that mean multiple calendars within one account are synced?

and anyone else know whether calendar sync handle user generated fields from Google Calander?

cheers

See red below

Quote Originally Posted by eske View Post

If you're asking whether or not the calendar app syncs if you manually add an event to your Google Calendar via web or from your phone, then yes, it works both ways.

Yes. I have my normal calendar, a work calendar all showing up on my calendar app. You just gotta make sure to enable the calendars on the app settings.

They're OTA, yes. You also have the option to download them yourself and install them yourself. No need to reinstall apps. No apps or settings are wiped with the most recent OTA update.

In general, yes.

many thanks
    eske

cheers soulstar

I phrased that wrong

what I actually mean is "Google Contacts" "user generated fields"

ie say I edit a contact and add an extra field "for twitter name" or "christmas card indicator" (yes I'm a pedant) or an "old phone numbers" field

my question is do these newly setup fields sync to your nexus 1?

I tried it out (didn't know Google Contacts had a custom field).

But no, it does not sync any custom fields you create. At most, it will sync the following:

IM
    Address
    Organization
    Notes
    Nickname
    Website

bummer

thanks for the help appreciate it

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links