How good of a music player is the Nexus one compared to the iphone?

This is a discussion on How good of a music player is the Nexus one compared to the iphone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by keyplyr Originally Posted by Zindol Guys go to the market & search for a music app called rockon. But download the one ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How good of a music player is the Nexus one compared to the iphone?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Guys go to the market & search for a music app called rockon. But download the one with the symbol '3' as its name. Really cool app. 3d animation of album art & the headphone controls work even when the phone is off. It also lets you search for concert dates near you for artists in your library. Great widget too. Let me know what you think.
    But still no EQ.

The stock android player functions well, shuffles and creates playlists but it's a bit flat for my taste. The only way I'd switch however is if I could get an EQ.
    FOUND THIS but it cost almost $30usd and has a 10 band setting graphic EQ ...Thumbs down on the price though

Audio Player WithEQ Platinum v1.3.2 Application for Android | Multimedia
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Guys go to the market & search for a music app called rockon. But download the one with the symbol '3' as its name. Really cool app. 3d animation of album art & the headphone controls work even when the phone is off. It also lets you search for concert dates near you for artists in your library. Great widget too. Let me know what you think.
    But still no EQ.

The stock android player functions well, shuffles and creates playlists but it's a bit flat for my taste. The only way I'd switch however is if I could get an EQ.
    I was suggesting it in general. All the things it Does I listed. Some people are not bothered about eq.

Cool

But still no EQ.

I was suggesting it in general. All the things it Does I listed. Some people are not bothered about eq.
    Tried your suggestion Zindol, not too shabby and it scans for Album art for all your music in your SD card....cool

I haven't received my N1 yet, but the lack of a good media player only leads me to believe that something should be brewing that challenges iTunes. Then I came across this article: Google Challenges iTunes: Can You Imagine Your Music Life Without iTunes?

Yeah it only talks about bringing media to the consumer, but there's gotta be an interface for that as well.

This is my opinion from a different post. Hopefully it can provide some insight.

"I disagree with the above post. The sound quality of the Nexus One is very clean. I wouldn't say it has the warmth of a Cowon player (which combined with BBE is the best sounding portable media player in the world, I have the Cowon O2), but the sound is even and clean throughout. It sounds identical to my Sansa Clip with the EQ on the Clip turned off (so its flat, due to the N1 not having an equalizer, this must be done to truly compare the players). Thats really saying something because the Sansa Clip is also one of the best sounding player out there, and it plays completely even throughout the entire sound spectrum with no roll off. The N1 also has good separation between instruments, vocals, and the mid frequencies.

From ubergizmo.com Nexus One Review - Nexus One ReviewNexus One Review - Nexus One Review : "I also tested the sound quality with a pair of Sony MDR-NC500D headphones and the sound was as good as any recent MP3 player that I tried, including the Zune HD."

Id like to see a little more boom from the bass, and a little more warmth. Overall though, I like the way it sounds.

For test purposes I used Sony MDRNC60, Sennheiser mx75, and an extra pair of V-Moda's.

Regarding the previous post, the iPhone is by no means a good sounding media player. The built in equalizers actually make it sound even worse than normal. Apple has done a terrible job of putting better than average sound quality in their players/phone. And no offense, but never trust anyone's review when they say they use Bose. Check out Head-fi or AnythingButipod.com and see what they say about Bose.

Good article regarding Bose products:
    intellexual net m k i v "

The sound of the N1 is very good. It isn't the loudest player on the market, but can get up there. But, the sound reproduction is very good. Its not tinny, or flat. There is a lot of detail. It is waaay better than anything from Apple. The built in equalizer in Apple's players are purely garbage that distorts the music. The bass gets muddy, the highs sound tinny and shallow.

Also, Bose does not make the best products. They are marginally average at best, with great marketing. Read the article from the link and you will begin to understand a lot from the company.

But, keeping with the op question, the media player leaves a lot to be desired. Its basic, and to the point. There is no eye candy (a la the album flipping from Apple), but it is easy to navigate. Hopefully Google steps up their game in the future with the media UI. Also, a real custom EQ contol and bandwidth control would be nice. They should partner up with BBE, who does the audio enhancements for Cowon. Them (cowon), Samsung, and Sony's are the ONLY ones who actually bring something to the table for sound enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    But still no EQ.

FOUND THIS but it cost almost $30usd and has a 10 band setting graphic EQ ...Thumbs down on the price though

I've been aware of the 3 media apps developed by CyberFort Japan. From the reviews, they all seem to be buggy.

But still no EQ.

I've been aware of the 3 media apps developed by CyberFort Japan. From the reviews, they all seem to be buggy.
    Nope, the one im on about is called rockon. Its like a beta for a new one their bringing out hence it doesn't have a name yet, just the 3 symbol. Its developed by abrantix and has nothing to do with the one you highlighted. It has 5 stars in the market, you should check it out. Nothing buggy.

@NexusNuckie I love the way it does that with the album art as well.

Nope, the one im on about is called rockon. Its like a beta for a new one their bringing out hence it doesn't have a name yet, just the 3 symbol. Its developed by abrantix and has nothing to do with the one you highlighted. It has 5 stars in the market, you should check it out. Nothing buggy.

@NexusNuckie I love the way it does that with the album art as well.
    My reply was to NexusNuckie.

I looked at rockon and since there was no EQ it didn't interest me, but thanks for the suggestion.

i want to double click the trackball/middle button to initiate the music player like the iphone. google listen should've been integrated into the player and not a standalone app. i love the phone but i'm sticking with an ipod for audio for now...

Quote Originally Posted by shankii View Post
    Unlike the iphone can i copy music tracks from different computers?

If anyone could answer these questions id really appreciate it

thanks
    I don't have an iphone, and personally I can't stand itunes, but you can copy tracks from a variety of devices. Simply transfer directly onto the phone via USB or take out the microSD card. I think the player reads a variety of formats, although I can't recall which ones off the top of my head.

Someone else mentioned that the sound quality on the phone media player is good. I would have to agree. I wouldn't mind an EQ (which is how i stumbled upon this post) though... but if your source track isn't ****e, then it should come out sounding decent through the headphones. ... and honestly, I would skip bose; they aren't all that great... pretty speakers in a pretty package doesn't always equal pretty sound.

Anyway, good luck with your search for an EQ. I'll definitely post something on here if I find one myself. ... considering trying to convince my roommate (sound engineer) to write an app...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links