How good of a music player is the Nexus one compared to the iphone?

This is a discussion on How good of a music player is the Nexus one compared to the iphone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; One of the main reasons i use an iphone is cause of the ipod music player. How does the nexus one compare? Is the music ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How good of a music player is the Nexus one compared to the iphone?

How good of a music player is the Nexus one compared to the iphone?

One of the main reasons i use an iphone is cause of the ipod music player.
    How does the nexus one compare?
    Is the music player interface as easy as the iphone?
    How easy is it to transfer music onto the phone, Do i just copy them on?
    Can i create playlists?
    Unlike the iphone can i copy music tracks from different computers?

If anyone could answer these questions id really appreciate it

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't have an iPhone, so won't compare, but you can create playlists, and you just copy music files to the phone and it automaticly finds them
    Rooted Nexus One

Music player is pretty ancient...
    I hate when android separates and album as multiple if it has multiple singers. for example any compilations, any songs with featuring, and etc..

not completely terrible to use it but compare to iPod which has been the king for past 5~6 years android has some catch up to do!

Chicago pride...

Anyways, the actual app does kind of suck - but I usually just set it to random all and use the controls on the headphones.
    Rooted Nexus One

I was a proud Iphone enthusiast and I am now a happy N1 owner. But one thing where the N1 certainly DO NOT shine is its stock media player. Horrible to say the least. Not because of the player functions , that can be compared to the Iphone, but for the sound quality. There is NO equalizer, and the default settings are pretty dull. So far I have NOT been able to find a decent application on the market to substitute the stock player. But there are a couple of projects in the making, like the Mobile Core Player that should fill the gap.
    No problem at all managing your music, playlists or transfers music from and to your computer.
    My 2 cents,
    P_

I'm sorry to say iPhone's media player takes this one for now.....
    I agree that there should be more settings for your music

Now if a company like Bose can make a decent speaker dock for the Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Chicago pride...

Anyways, the actual app does kind of suck - but I usually just set it to random all and use the controls on the headphones.
    Have you had any problems with the stock headphone controls? Mine hardly work most of the time if I turn the screen off with the phone in my pocket. When they do work, the controls usually crap out on me after a while, ie. Play will rewind, ff will rewind etc. I don't usually need the controls, but it would be nice for them to work when I do.

Guys go to the market & search for a music app called rockon. But download the one with the symbol '3' as its name. Really cool app. 3d animation of album art & the headphone controls work even when the phone is off. It also lets you search for concert dates near you for artists in your library. Great widget too. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Guys go to the market & search for a music app called rockon. But download the one with the symbol '3' as its name. Really cool app. 3d animation of album art & the headphone controls work even when the phone is off. It also lets you search for concert dates near you for artists in your library. Great widget too. Let me know what you think.
    But still no EQ.

The stock android player functions well, shuffles and creates playlists but it's a bit flat for my taste. The only way I'd switch however is if I could get an EQ.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    But still no EQ.

The stock android player functions well, shuffles and creates playlists but it's a bit flat for my taste. The only way I'd switch however is if I could get an EQ.

TuneWiki seems to be a very good Audio player for Android based phones but of course it doesn't have an EQ which you want sooooo badly.
    It's not like TuneWiki doesn't want to include an EQ with their software but the Androids API doesn't seem to support it....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links