Things just getting worse for me...HTC desire Now?

This is a discussion on Things just getting worse for me...HTC desire Now? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I finally clicked the buy button on googles store, and I wake up to this? What am I supposed to think. Any idea what carrier ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things just getting worse for me...HTC desire Now?

Things just getting worse for me...HTC desire Now?

I finally clicked the buy button on googles store, and I wake up to this? What am I supposed to think. Any idea what carrier it is going to support. Do you think I should refuse delieverly of the N1 and get this? Do you guys think they fixed the bugs with the N1 such as 3G connectivity and screen problems and now they are selling the desire?
    I am freaking out here. Any clarity on this would be appriciated.

HTC Legend and Desire both available for pre-order, expected to ship April 12 | Google Android Blog

HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Specification
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

As I have said many times, I expect to keep my phone for at least 14 months. I also expect to kick myself no less than 5 times for nto waiting for the next "best" phone.

You are in a great position to return it within the 14 day window for your money back, if you so choose. Keep in mind that if you do choose to go wtih the perceived new and best thing, it will only be a matter of weeks before you kick yourself again for nto waiting. =)
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    I finally clicked the buy button on googles store, and I wake up to this? What am I supposed to think. Any idea what carrier it is going to support. Do you think I should refuse delieverly of the N1 and get this? Do you guys think they fixed the bugs with the N1 such as 3G connectivity and screen problems and now they are selling the desire?
    I am freaking out here. Any clarity on this would be appriciated.

HTC Legend and Desire both available for pre-order, expected to ship April 12 | Google Android Blog

HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Specification
    Up to you. Remember, if you wait and by the time you get the Desire or Legand, there's gonna be something better coming out shortly after that. Thats the nature of the tech beast. Doesn't make your purchase obsolete. These are all awesome phones, but if you wait for something better to come along, you'll never purchase anything.

Very true, the bigggest thing that scares me is the fact that there seems to be a lot of controversy about it, with bugs in 2.1, no 3G coverage, peoples screens going red and getting dust under them, and browser crashs and such. The only reason why I bought this is because I wanted a great phone with simple economical service and I think I get that with T-Mobile. Do you guys think that the problems the phone is having are software or hardware. And if they are software, how soon will they be fixed. And if it is hardware, what do we do, just keep returning them till be get a phone that works?

The issues seem to be software based...They got one update out within a few weeks - there is another unofficial that seems to fix the 3G issues. There MAY be a hardware issue, demonstrated on youtube where 3G signal is disrupted by holding the phone at the bottom. There isn't much info on this yet.

I'm wondering what problemsthe Legend or Desire might have when they're released.
    Rooted Nexus One

[QUOTE=Fuse;19389]The issues seem to be software based...They got one update out within a few weeks - there is another unofficial that seems to fix the 3G issues. There MAY be a hardware issue, demonstrated on youtube where 3G signal is disrupted by holding the phone at the bottom. There isn't much info on this yet.[QUOTE]

Have you had this problem where you loose connection because of the way you hold it. Do you think its a per phone basis or a complete design flaw in all phones? How else do you hold a phone but at the bottom. Thats kinda frustrating that it depends on how you hold you phone.

I've noticed it does affect the signal, but it's not always consistent.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n-problem.html
    Rooted Nexus One

I just watched it, here it is
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2g5J4qPp54"]YouTube - Nexus One 3G Problem Part 2 - After the OTA Update[/ame]

So I am gonna need to hold it a certain way all the time. I just dont know what to think about this! I hold my phone with the right hand at the bottom. I guess since I am not gonna be surfing the web or doing nav in that position it would not matter cause I still have edge for texting or talking. What do you think, Anyone else have this problem? Ca you hold it in landscape with two hands and still get 3G coverage?

No you wont have to hold it a certain way all the time, it'll be OK

No matter what there will always be something else comming. What is important is does the phone you have work for you. By the way what do those phones have the the n1 doesn't? 1ghz on a phone is way enough for me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links