MS Outlook 2007 Contacts sync

This is a discussion on MS Outlook 2007 Contacts sync within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hello i just got back from barcelona where i got a nexusone... now what i am trying to do is to sync my outlook 2007 ...

Thread: MS Outlook 2007 Contacts sync

MS Outlook 2007 Contacts sync

hello
    i just got back from barcelona where i got a nexusone... now what i am trying to do is to sync my outlook 2007 contacts and calendar with the phone.

i read lots of threads but i don't see to find the right way to do it... as far as i understood i have to send my contacts to the @cloud@ and then from there sync them up on my gmail account... but what is the best tool/way to send the contacts to the cloud?

i have tried several but each one of them keeps missing some information, eg an office number, an address or something like that...

can anyone help me out with this?
    thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I haven't found a good tool to do it with my :nexusx:.

Before Nexus One, I used to do was sync my Outlook to my Windows Mobile Phone then sync my WMP to Gmail.

But my Outlook contacts change from time to time. So monthly I export a .CSV file, munge it around, and upload it to Gmail contacts. It doesn't work perfectly though. Several items get put into the Notes: item.

Best solution I found to figure out what to munge is to setup an example contact in Gmail just as I expect someone to look, then export it. Then try to make the output from Outlook match the output from Gmail.

But there are dozens of combinations to try. Output from Outlook in CSV(DOS) or CSV(Windows). Then output from Gmail has another 4 or 5 options. Some of which are not supported by their input formats. Jeez.

I tried a couple of the "freeware" apps to no avail. Wasn't too keen on spending $5-$50 on payware just to find that it didn't work. The problem with any of these apps would be that Google can change their filters at anytime. It certainly doesn't match what their help says (when I looked 2 weeks ago).
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

The following website has an example .CSV file. This also helped me.

Importing contacts into gmail: Guide to Google contact CSV fields | mobile technology

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links