Facebook contacts sync question

This is a discussion on Facebook contacts sync question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, When I enable the contact sync option from Facebook to my Nexus One, it automatically shows the display pictures as the pictures on ...

Thread: Facebook contacts sync question

Facebook contacts sync question

Hey guys,
    When I enable the contact sync option from Facebook to my Nexus One, it automatically shows the display pictures as the pictures on the phone contacts of people that I have that are also on my Facebook. It also shows me their latest statuses. This is pretty neat. And in my contacts, it does not add any new contacts from Facebook and this is cool... But what happens is, if you select new message and start typing the name of a contact in the box, it starts showing me some contacts that have phone numbers on Facebook but have not actually been entered by me on my phone. I hate this. Is there a way for Facebook to do the sync but only with the contacts that I have on my phone and not show any contacts from Facebook? That would be awesome!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

go to contacts--menu button---display options-- and you can check or uncheck only contacts with phones ---then go down to email/ facebook tab--uncheck/check all contacts
    :nexusx: USMC:nexusx: 2003 OIF Veteran :nexusx: Recovering crackberry addict :nexusx: New addiction to Nexus-tasy
    RoOtEd wiTh AmOn Ra ReCoVeRy -
    RoDrIgUeZsTyLe @ FroYo MCR R16 MOD V1-5 rom -
    Froyo Radio Image (32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7) - .34]intersectRaven's Kernel CFS 925 (Hybrid AVS *

Quote Originally Posted by blackorean View Post
    go to contacts--menu button---display options-- and you can check or uncheck only contacts with phones ---then go down to email/ facebook tab--uncheck/check all contacts
    cool thanks ill give it a try... but where is the "email/facebook" tab?

its not really a tab, but its actually listed and you can click on it, and the settings tab will pop up.
    :nexusx: USMC:nexusx: 2003 OIF Veteran :nexusx: Recovering crackberry addict :nexusx: New addiction to Nexus-tasy
    Froyo Radio Image (32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7) - .34]intersectRaven's Kernel CFS 925 (Hybrid AVS *

Quote Originally Posted by blackorean View Post
    its not really a tab, but its actually listed and you can click on it, and the settings tab will pop up.
    ok u said uncheck/check all contacts... which one do i do??

basically my problem is this:
    New phone, contacts were empty.
    I entered some contacts in.
    I added the facebook sync so that I can get pictures and status updates in my existing contacts.
    This works fine. It does not add any new contacts from facebook, which is perfect. Just adds extra info to my existing entered contacts.
    But when i hit compose new message, and start typing the name of a contact, it shows a drop down box where i can choose contacts with what im typing.
    In this drop down box, it ALSO displays contacts of friends with phone numbers on my facebook. These contacts are not on my phone contact list though.
    This is what I dont want. I just want it to show whats on my phone. Nothing else!

Is there a way to do this?

thanks!

well the simplest way i could think of is if your using the default contact list the tabs up top will list all contacts, my contacts and something else, maybe if you just click on my contacts only yours will show up. thats my only solution i can think of.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links