Wireless Net connectivity issues

This is a discussion on Wireless Net connectivity issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by N_1 Shh its my stupid router went into Starbucks today and got connected immediately! Pheasant thought my reciever was broken Well i ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless Net connectivity issues

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    Shh its my stupid router went into Starbucks today and got connected immediately! Pheasant thought my reciever was broken
    Well i changed channels and it connects now.

why does it switch to 3g when the fone is idle?

i think it is so save battery. according from spec, 3g battery live is longer than using wifi.

Do you know if it use a lot of bandwidth when it switches to 3g though? Coz sometimes I turn the screen on and see those two 3g arrows active.

Same for me. Drops randomly, and never reconnects until I disable and re-enable the wifi. Stupid!

I installed Fix My Wifi from the market and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    Same for me. Drops randomly, and never reconnects until I disable and re-enable the wifi. Stupid!

I installed Fix My Wifi from the market and that seems to have fixed the problem.
    I was just going to download it... Guess what? I can't, my WiFi is disconnected lol, do you need to be root to use it? I hope not :-/
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

haha, catch 22 eh. Nah it doesn't need root to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DiEg0 View Post
    My nexus one have some issue with disconnecting wifi while idle. It connects again when I start using it but sometimes it failed to do so. I really don't bother as flipping wireless switch on homescreen solve the problem.
    I am having exactly the same problem. I have Nexus One (N1) and this is what I have posted on N1 forum:

I am having a problem with the wireless on N1. The wireless is turned on and I am using it when the phone is active. However, if the screen is off and screen is locked and if I turned it on, I see that it already connected back to 3G and immediately switches itself to Wireless. This also logs me out of Google Talk and I see that when I turn the screen back on, the phone tries signing me back in with wireless again. It is as if the phone loses connection when the phone is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by metamath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DiEg0 View Post
    My nexus one have some issue with disconnecting wifi while idle. It connects again when I start using it but sometimes it failed to do so. I really don't bother as flipping wireless switch on homescreen solve the problem.
    I am having exactly the same problem. I have Nexus One (N1) and this is what I have posted on N1 forum:

I am having a problem with the wireless on N1. The wireless is turned on and I am using it when the phone is active. However, if the screen is off and screen is locked and if I turned it on, I see that it already connected back to 3G and immediately switches itself to Wireless. This also logs me out of Google Talk and I see that when I turn the screen back on, the phone tries signing me back in with wireless again. It is as if the phone loses connection when the phone is locked.
    This topic has been discussed here many times, and is AFAIK is a known issue with Android. Maintaining a wifi connection, reconnecting automatically, etc seem to work on every other device except the N1.

There a few apps on the marketplace which fix the problem for now. WiFi Fix worked for me. Hopefully this gets resolved in a future Android update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links