contacts with numbers question

This is a discussion on contacts with numbers question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So, on my old phone (Nokia 5610) i added all my contacts to the sim. Now after I boot the N1 with that sim, none ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contacts with numbers question

contacts with numbers question

So, on my old phone (Nokia 5610) i added all my contacts to the sim. Now after I boot the N1 with that sim, none of my contacts are showing up... I can see every email contact witch is crazy, but all my "contacts with numbers" are not there. Am i looking in the wrong place?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First thing I would confirm, is to make sure your contacts are saved as a vCard format on you Sim card... this is how it is recognized on Nexus One.

Otherwise; Menu > import / export > import from sim should work.

I dont know if thery're saved in vCard format, but i also cant find this "Menu > import / export" you speak of. I looked for the import/export option in settings if thats what your talking about. If you could be a little more specific about which "menu" it's in that would help me out. Thanks, im really new to this phone and smart phones in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post
    I dont know if thery're saved in vCard format, but i also cant find this "Menu > import / export" you speak of. I looked for the import/export option in settings if thats what your talking about. If you could be a little more specific about which "menu" it's in that would help me out. Thanks, im really new to this phone and smart phones in general.

Sorry for not being too clear...

Open your phone icon, touch the contacts (third sub menu on the top), press the menu button (second menu on the bottom, starting from the left) then you will see an option to import / export!!

That worked! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    First thing I would confirm, is to make sure your contacts are saved as a vCard format on you Sim card... this is how it is recognized on Nexus One.

So, if they are not vCard, what to do? I took a gigant leap in technology; upgrading from my Nokia 6310i (8 years in use!) to Nexus One yesterday. Any hints? Somehow my Nokia does not want to connect to my laptop via IR, so I cant download contacts that way either...

-roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post

So, if they are not vCard, what to do? I took a gigant leap in technology; upgrading from my Nokia 6310i (8 years in use!) to Nexus One yesterday. Any hints? Somehow my Nokia does not want to connect to my laptop via IR, so I cant download contacts that way either...

-roger
    As far as I know, you should be able to connect using the 'iSync' sofware via a cable.

If the contacts are not saved as a vCard format, there maybe a program to convert.

-roger
    As far as I know, you should be able to connect using the 'iSync' sofware via a cable.

If the contacts are not saved as a vCard format, there maybe a program to convert.
    Yes, I could probably do that, if I'd had the cable... :-)

Might find another phone to go through first... Thanks for input!

-roger

Yes, I could probably do that, if I'd had the cable... :-)

Might find another phone to go through first... Thanks for input!
    The solution (no-one prob. interested, but anyway)

1: Get semi-old Sony Ericsson from work
    2: Install Sony Ericsson-apps on computer
    3: Copy all SIM-contacts from SIM to phone memory
    4: Figure out that S E Suite can only sync to Outlook
    5: Create new contacts folder in Outlook, so I dont mess up the ones for work
    6: Sync phone and PC
    7: Figure out that Outlook cant export contacts to vCard unless you select all contatcs and forwards them all to yourself in an email
    8: Receive the email from your self, save all vCards (one pr. contact) to a folder on your PC
    9: Plug in nexus one, copy folder w. vCards to SD-card
    10: Go to contacts --> import --> import from SD-card on the Nexus One
    11: Edit the contact list and done!

Just getting out some frustration :-)

-roger

Congrats...

Long winded, but you done it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links