i know i F'd up

This is a discussion on i know i F'd up within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; out of all my previous phones, never have i dropped it in water or seriously drop it to harm any of my devices. well unfortunatly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i know i F'd up

i know i F'd up

out of all my previous phones, never have i dropped it in water or seriously drop it to harm any of my devices. well unfortunatly my one and only beloved nexus one fell out of my fleece jacket pocket into the toliet. i left work an hour later and immediatly put it in a bag of rice...wish me luck...hopefully it survives...FML
    :nexusx: USMC:nexusx: 2003 OIF Veteran :nexusx: Recovering crackberry addict :nexusx: New addiction to Nexus-tasy
    RoOtEd wiTh AmOn Ra ReCoVeRy -
    RoDrIgUeZsTyLe @ FroYo MCR R16 MOD V1-5 rom -
    Froyo Radio Image (32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7) - .34]intersectRaven's Kernel CFS 925 (Hybrid AVS *

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

oh no....good luck with that, I would be very annoyed if my precious N1 would be hurt like that.

as a suggestion... how about keeping the phone for some time in a car with AC (dehumidifier) turned on to the max?

Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    oh no....good luck with that, I would be very annoyed if my precious N1 would be hurt like that.

as a suggestion... how about keeping the phone for some time in a car with AC (dehumidifier) turned on to the max?
    That would be quite a lengthy wait.

The bag of rice was a good idea. Best advice - don't try and start it too early. I'd wait a week.

Good luck, I feel for you

Toliets are the worst watery death for all phones.

Hope your nexus survives. Make sure to NOT turn the phone on for at least 2-3 days until the water is fully dry.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I hope it works out for you. You didn't mention it, but be sure to remove the battery, too. I have heard a few people have tried this rice trick and it worked for them. Good luck.

By the way, if you have the T-Mobile premium insurance plan, that covers any damage for any reason.

Rice.Rice Rice

Same thing happened to me. I was skeptical and the most impatient person in the world. However, if you bury it in rice and wait a few days, it will be fine. DO NOT TURN IT ON..."just to see". Give it time to dry out. Mine was 100% perfect.

yea i decided to call htc and attempt to exchange it. the water damage indicators werent set off. i grabbed the phone pretty quickly, but i know theres one more indicator inside. i turned it on while i was on the phone with them so i can at least let them hear it power on. it definitly works, just cant see nothing. the screen just flickers. i put it back in the bag of rice and gonna let it sit there until i recieve the shipping labels and ready to ship. i know htc's customer service isnt the greatest nor is their return policie, but i do have insurance so if worst comes to worse they will tell me it is voided and i'll have them ship it back to me, pay the deductible and get another one and use the damaged one for spare parts. just in case. or i get a new one sent to me, its my fault and im kickin myself in the ass, lol either way i will keep yall updated on my mission.
    :nexusx: USMC:nexusx: 2003 OIF Veteran :nexusx: Recovering crackberry addict :nexusx: New addiction to Nexus-tasy
    Froyo Radio Image (32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7) - .34]intersectRaven's Kernel CFS 925 (Hybrid AVS *

good luck man

hell yes...HTC is sending me a new one. thats whats up. guess i got lucky or their customer service improved, either way theres hope for you out there that need to get their phone replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by blackorean View Post
    hell yes...HTC is sending me a new one. thats whats up. guess i got lucky or their customer service improved, either way theres hope for you out there that need to get their phone replaced.

Don't get your hopes up yet. Remember HTC puts a hold on your CC for the full price of a new Nexus One when they ship you a replacement. There's a small chance they might say 'no go' on the warranty replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links