Nexus One Youtube App.....Not performing well

This is a discussion on Nexus One Youtube App.....Not performing well within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've had my N1 for about three weeks now, and my youtube app seemed fine in the begining, but now it won't play alot of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Youtube App.....Not performing well

Nexus One Youtube App.....Not performing well

I've had my N1 for about three weeks now, and my youtube app seemed fine in the begining, but now it won't play alot of vids, it won't accept my password when I log in through the app but if I use the browser and login from the web page it will. When the App was working properly in the beginning it still would not update my Subscription Videos. Even if I go to youtube through the browser it wont play recently uploaded videos.

My N1 is stock I have not rooted it at all, and I have no other Video Players installed.

Does anyone know if Google or HTC plan on Fixing the Youtube Application, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Google/HTC won't be fixing it cos it's not broken, everything that doesn't work on yours is fine on mine.

Bound to be software in some form, have you tried a soft reset, or ditching some recently installed apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Google/HTC won't be fixing it cos it's not broken, everything that doesn't work on yours is fine on mine.

Bound to be software in some form, have you tried a soft reset, or ditching some recently installed apps?

Oh I didnt know I was the only one who was having this issue, I'm glad you did the research and found that out for me Thanks LOL

Anyway, I'll wait for more feedback before I come to a conclusion that it's just me

I've done a soft reset, and the only Applications that I have recently installed were removed (I've only added 4 apps since purchase - Spades, Compass, 1001 Cocktails, and Ringdroid)

Sooooooo anyother ideas oh mighty one lol

my youtube app seemed fine in the begining, but now it won't play alot of vids, it won't accept my password when I log in through the app but if I use the browser and login from the web page it will.
    Im having the same issues. Just the app won't allow me to log in for uploads, browsing is fine and I can view my account but not upload. I even tried resetting my pass with no luck.

Have you guys tried to uninstall > reinstall the youtube app?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Have you guys tried to uninstall > reinstall the youtube app?
    I dont think you can since it comes standard on the nexus.

There must be a way of installing on top of it, because if you have corrupted software and you cannot uninstall or install on top of (so as to fix the corrupt software) then that would be a major issue with stock software.

I've had issues with the YouTube app from the beginning. At one time, I was able to log in with my account but it would not let me play my subscription videos. Now in the last few days, it won't accept my password to log in. When I log in through a browser, my password is accepted. And also in the last few days, I've been getting lots of 'unable to play that video' messages and the app force closes. I haven't installed any other new apps since the new problems popped up.

Most of my 'unable to play video' messages come on newly uploaded videos. Guess it takes time for it to be able to get played on mobile youtube or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Most of my 'unable to play video' messages come on newly uploaded videos. Guess it takes time for it to be able to get played on mobile youtube or something?
    Ya it takes a few for it to optimize for mobile devices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links