-->!!Several Questions begging for your help!!<--

This is a discussion on -->!!Several Questions begging for your help!!<-- within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just got this nice phone for less than a month I think. It's perfect bur a few flaws. So, I hope some of you ...

Thread: -->!!Several Questions begging for your help!!<--

Unhappy -->!!Several Questions begging for your help!!<--

I just got this nice phone for less than a month I think. It's perfect bur a few flaws. So, I hope some of you could give me a hand whether I've done something wrong with it.

First, it's the contacts managment. Well, to be honest, that really makes me mad. All information is synced with Gmail, so obviously, if someone doesn't have a Gmail account, is this function dead? Anyway, as gmail is my main account, I don't worry too much about that. But, seems there's no way to copy those contacts to me sim card. Does anyone know how to do that? I've seen apps called Contact2Sim in the market for 2.99$, honestly, I don't want to pay for that. &the feedbacks are not good for the app. Ok, even I can tolerate that, when I want to delete one contact, problems come out. After I delete the contact, the contact's name and profile pic don't disappear, I thought that's not deleted then I just did it again. But when I clicked on the name and enter it, it's already another contact's information, different name, different number. Which means, the apperance or a contact can't be deleted but it's content is gone. Anyone knows how that happens?
    These days, another problem comes up. I can't add new contact into it. Even I fill out the form for a new guy and save it and the phone appears "contact saved", there is nothing happens in the contacts. That's really weird. Have you met these problems? Is there anything wrong with my phone?

Another question is about the data. I'm using a AT&T plan, but I don't really want to spend the 15$ on data unlimited, so my question is, can I just use the Wifi and make the phone Wifi use only? Will it work when I turn the wifi on and that the data from AT&T won't be used? cos I don't want it happen that with Wifi on I'm still using the ATT data that's 2MB/$ I guess. So, just about how to make WIfi Only work when using a normal sim card.

Ortherwise, it's still a nice phone. However, I think the smartphone needs to make itself user-friendly, but obviously, it's not right now.

So, hope you guys can give me some advice or tips for these problems

Really appreciate it!!!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry I made it too long for you guys to read......= =

You can install APNdroid from the market to disable mobile data and just use wifi... can't help with the deleting contacts thing as mine doesn't do it.

Thank you for the data part. Appreciate it!!

Do you have any ideas about how could that happen to my contacts? Is there any app conflicts or is it my phone's problem? I bought directly from Google website for 570$ around.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonE View Post
    Thank you for the data part. Appreciate it!!

Do you have any ideas about how could that happen to my contacts? Is there any app conflicts or is it my phone's problem? I bought directly from Google website for 570$ around.
    That is strange that you are unable to save contacts. Try this go to Google create a new contact and sync it and see if it saves properly. My next thing I would do is contact tech support and try to exchange or get your phone repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post

That is strange that you are unable to save contacts. Try this go to Google create a new contact and sync it and see if it saves properly. My next thing I would do is contact tech support and try to exchange or get your phone repaired.
    Ok. I'll try that. That is strange since you guys don't have this problem.

Thanks for the help!

Ok. I'll try that. That is strange since you guys don't have this problem.

Thanks for the help!
    The only problem I ever had with my contacts was several of them had old different contact info on gmail, when I synced my phone with my gmail contacts it added the old info with the new info. I had to clean up my contacts list. But that's the only problem I had which is not really a problem since it's not actual device related but more of old data getting mixed new data.

The only problem I ever had with my contacts was several of them had old different contact info on gmail, when I synced my phone with my gmail contacts it added the old info with the new info. I had to clean up my contacts list. But that's the only problem I had which is not really a problem since it's not actual device related but more of old data getting mixed new data.
    well thanks again for your info.

I think I've found one possible reason for that. As I edit those American friends' contacts they work out perfect. Those problem contacts are all in Chinese names, so, I think the character might be the problem. But I've set the phone in Chinese mode, that should work out fine too.
    Anyway, the problem seems solved, I'll check that later.

Thank you again for your help!

well thanks again for your info.

I think I've found one possible reason for that. As I edit those American friends' contacts they work out perfect. Those problem contacts are all in Chinese names, so, I think the character might be the problem. But I've set the phone in Chinese mode, that should work out fine too.
    Anyway, the problem seems solved, I'll check that later.

Thank you again for your help!
    No Problem anytime :cool:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links