Stream Nexus One Internet to Computer?

This is a discussion on Stream Nexus One Internet to Computer? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Couple questions about this. I plan to go with Verizon. If I were to Stream the Nexus One Verizon plan to my computer. How many ...

Thread: Stream Nexus One Internet to Computer?

Stream Nexus One Internet to Computer?

Couple questions about this. I plan to go with Verizon.

If I were to Stream the Nexus One Verizon plan to my computer. How many MB/sec would I actually be getting? Would the speed be good enough to say.. stream sports live and even play videogames?

I know sprint is 4g now and I heard Verizons network is pretty good.

I really don't want to pay for Home internet while also paying the 130 bucks a month for the Verizon plan.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nexus one isn't available yet for Verizon. When it is available, it'll be like all other carriers, the speed will depend on a lot of things. I don't have any experience with Verizon's 3G, but I'd guess maybe 2-3mb/s max, once again, just a guess.

As far as replacing your internet service with your mobile broadband---don't even get your hopes up. Verizon(and most carriers as far as I know) cap your bandwidth at 5GB per month, so that pretty much eliminates video streaming and gaming on a daily basis. Also, mobile broadband may be fast enough to stream/play games, other factors would make bandwidth intensive applications suck compared to regular copper line internet.

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Nexus one isn't available yet for Verizon. When it is available, it'll be like all other carriers, the speed will depend on a lot of things. I don't have any experience with Verizon's 3G, but I'd guess maybe 2-3mb/s max, once again, just a guess.

As far as replacing your internet service with your mobile broadband---don't even get your hopes up. Verizon(and most carriers as far as I know) cap your bandwidth at 5GB per month, so that pretty much eliminates video streaming and gaming on a daily basis. Also, mobile broadband may be fast enough to stream/play games, other factors would make bandwidth intensive applications suck compared to regular copper line internet.
    ah i thought they were changing to unlimited... thanks for the info

it's unlimited between 0 and 5

they (phone companies) don't like it when you tether. They can even change your plan because of that. All of them suck big time. Data plans here in US are very expensive compared to those in EU. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    it's unlimited between 0 and 5

they (phone companies) don't like it when you tether. They can even change your plan because of that. All of them suck big time. Data plans here in US are very expensive compared to those in EU. :mad:
    It's F'n bull****.
    Should be unlimited. They can up the speed, but not up the usage amount?

Yeah the US based networks have spotty service and higher monthly rates than overseas.
    But of course they would want you to believe otherwise

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links