Google Earth for Android - Download Now!

This is a discussion on Google Earth for Android - Download Now! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Pretty slow for me and has frozen a few times. Not impressed so far....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google Earth for Android - Download Now!

Pretty slow for me and has frozen a few times. Not impressed so far.

Love it. Very fast and the definition is amazing. Been zooming in on the various Olymic sites in Vancouver while watching the events on TV. The Wiki info sync is a great feature.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    It seems that no amount of repetition about the LACK OF NEED FOR TASKKILLERS will calm the furor. People just seem to want to be able to exercise "control" over their phones, whether that "control" is of any use or value or not. :facepalm:
    I notice a dramatic change is system performance when I kill all the open apps. While it isn't necessary and the system will do it when needed, I prefer to close a app when not using or finished. Some of the apps and games are real memory hogs and run in the background after opening, hence why I use a task killer.

As far as Google Earth, I'm not sure if I will keep it now. Its a decent sized file, and I had to delete a bunch of stuff off my Nexus to even install it. -___-;;; its pretty slow and can't get a accurate GPS lock for me.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Google earth works very well for me without anymore. No slowness or something. Probably because I don't have alot of apps and my nexus one is not rooted.

what's the difference between google earth and google maps satellite view. the only thing i can see is that google earth has a lot more fork and knife signs (restaurants) than google satellite

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    what's the difference between google earth and google maps satellite view. the only thing i can see is that google earth has a lot more fork and knife signs (restaurants) than google satellite
    Exactly what I want to know, with already having Google Maps Google Earth is pretty much useless. Like I saw another guy say, nice to show off I guess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links