Nexus One Screen Is Inherently Flawed: Link Ahead

This is a discussion on Nexus One Screen Is Inherently Flawed: Link Ahead within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The Nexus One's Dirty Display Secret (Updated) - Nexus one screen - Gizmodo Hey guys, I just read this article about the N1's screen being ...

Thread: Nexus One Screen Is Inherently Flawed: Link Ahead

Nexus One Screen Is Inherently Flawed: Link Ahead

The Nexus One's Dirty Display Secret (Updated) - Nexus one screen - Gizmodo

Hey guys, I just read this article about the N1's screen being selected more for its' cost effectiveness by Google than anything else, although the screen is still pretty fantastic because of the OLED factor.

Those past threads that I've read about vertical and horizontal banding issues while surfing the web or looking closely at the live wallpapers (such as Grass)? Well those did not happen to be individual manufacturing errors. These screens are actually SUPPOSED to have this banding effect because the 16-bit screen can not physically color in the shades between the bands of the screen, hence the effect.

I still love my Nexus One, and am not too picky about this issue. I love the deep colors that the screen produces and would take this over an Iphone screen any day of the week. Just sayin'.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would read some of the comments posted in that article you posted. And there's also a discussion about it on xda. The banding issue is software related, not hardware.

Using the default gallery app, the picture downloaded from here: http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/1...0802183716.jpg shows very bad banding on my Nexus One. But when I used other 3rd party gallery app, B&B gallery is what I used, there is no banding issue at all. I actually noticed this problem a long time back. That's why I still have B&B gallery even after the introduction of multitouch in the gallery.

I believe the Android browser also uses the same algorithm to compress high resolution images like that. Open the above link with your browser and the banding will disappear when you start panning.

In conclusion, the Nexus One screen is not inherently flawed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links