Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons

This is a discussion on Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by N_1 Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which phone to buy? Perhaps ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post

Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which phone to buy? Perhaps the iPhone is simply a well-known reference point that many can relate to?

Honestly, I see nobody touting the "greatness" of the iPhone here. They are merely using it as the standard reference for touchscreen smartphones...which it IS...for now.
    First your mistaken I never debating as which to buy between and iPhone or nexus one. And two the iPhone is not the gold standard.[/QUOTE]

First, I did not say that you were debating between the iPhone and N1; merely that you were very clearly uncertain about the N1. Second, if you look at longevity and market penetration; whether you like it or not, the iPhone IS the standard for many new buyers to compare to. Android MAY change this, but it has not....yet. In that light, comparisons to the iPhone are inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which phone to buy? Perhaps the iPhone is simply a well-known reference point that many can relate to?

Honestly, I see nobody touting the "greatness" of the iPhone here. They are merely using it as the standard reference for touchscreen smartphones...which it IS...for now.
    First your mistaken I never debating as which to buy between and iPhone or nexus one. And two the iPhone is not the gold standard.

First, I did not say that you were debating between the iPhone and N1; merely that you were very clearly uncertain about the N1. Second, if you look at longevity and market penetration; whether you like it or not, the iPhone IS the standard for many new buyers to compare to. Android MAY change this, but it has not....yet. In that light, comparisons to the iPhone are inevitable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the iPhone is just a metric of consumer smartphones as BB is to enterprise smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by storndish View Post
    IPhone comparisons? You are having a laugh right.
    If you want to compare the Nexus One, look for the Samsung Glyde. The touchscreen performance is very similar. The N1 is a disgrace and you know it. You been on Facebook?
    Mine is now smashed up and boy am I grateful.
    Genius, NOT

iPhone is the benchmark for all the new phones coming out.

Just like the porsche 911 is for sport cars.

The way i see it, if the N1 wasn't a hit and a threat to the iphone.. no one will make all this fuss.

regards,
    past owner of 2G,3G and 3GS Iphones

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    The iPhone is the best up to now.
    Android is catching up, but not quickly enough.
    If Apple bring out a new phone this year, it's over.
    Still missing your iPhone huh Carl?

Sold it on Ebay already?

You can't compete nexus with iPhone, iPhone is apple product and has years experience in telephone fields but google is new in that field. So, iPhone can chill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    The iPhone is the best up to now.
    Android is catching up, but not quickly enough.
    If Apple bring out a new phone this year, it's over.
    Umm...android is doubling in market share every year. How quick do you want it to catch up...? If you think Apple is going to get in a hardware race with Google/HTC, you don't know Apple.

I never will buy another apple product, no matter what they come out with next be it a iPhone, iPad, iRocket or iSpacestation. The products are boring and they monopolize on everything they can.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

I'm joining this late, but what's playing out in front of us is another version of the MAC vs Windows war...

Plain and simple, its not a matter of if, but a matter of when Android will take over as the predominant mobile platform. Worldwide the iPhone is not king, it's just another peasant, the reigning smartphone OS worldwide is Sybiam, and Blackberry is next, those who think Google is simply aiming at the puny worldwide share Apple owns in smartphone world are mistaken.

Google is aiming to become the Windows of the smartphone world, so while folks keep looking at and comparing the iPhone, there's much bigger fish to fry. There is no ONE Android phone that will take down the Nokia or Blackberry or Apple, but the Android OS delivered basically free to multiple OEMs around the world is a hell of a foe for any closed loop manufacturer.

I never will buy another apple product, no matter what they come out with next be it a iPhone, iPad, iRocket or iSpacestation. The products are boring and they monopolize on everything they can.

Honestly, I disagree with none of that. But it still doesn't change the status of iPhone as benchmark touchscreen smartphone at the moment. As for what the future holds, who really knows? Nothing is carved in stone, that's for certain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links