Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons

This is a discussion on Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by WERA689 Originally Posted by N_1 Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons

Junior Member oldschool_nexusone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post

Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which phone to buy? Perhaps the iPhone is simply a well-known reference point that many can relate to?

Honestly, I see nobody touting the "greatness" of the iPhone here. They are merely using it as the standard reference for touchscreen smartphones...which it IS...for now.
    First your mistaken I never debating as which to buy between and iPhone or nexus one. And two the iPhone is not the gold standard.

First, I did not say that you were debating between the iPhone and N1; merely that you were very clearly uncertain about the N1. Second, if you look at longevity and market penetration; whether you like it or not, the iPhone IS the standard for many new buyers to compare to. Android MAY change this, but it has not....yet. In that light, comparisons to the iPhone are inevitable.
    I completly agree with this... I was an iPhone user (3g) and after my iPhone broke I was debating on waiting for the 4g or getting the nexus one... It was a very very hard decision for me. I compared all phones to the iPhone, and I wanted to make sure the N1 was similar or worked as well as the iPhone, because like the commercial says the iPhone just works.

The iPhone was brilliant when it came out, and it does have problems but it is still an amazing phone. The hardest part about buying the N1 was not being able to play with it before hand to make sure it worked as well as an iPhone, but I am so glad I decided to give it a try. FAR superior to the iPhone.

iPhone is still the defacto standard though. Everyone will compare any new smart phone to the iPhone. They were the best of the best for a long time and EVERYONE has seen an iPhone in action. Not nearly as many people have seen an android phone in action.

I had my iPhone jailbroken and was successfully sending MMS pictures through the phone far before it was available stock, but I have no need to root my N1, its amazing the way it is.

OFF TOPIC: What are the real benefits if any to rooting or putting on a custom rom with the N1 and 2.1? The iPhone I couldnt imagine using without jailbreaking, but the N1 seems to be perfect out of the box?

The iPhone will loose the battle every time here in the n1 forums. You go to the iPhone forums and the n1 will loose over there. This topic needs to go to a forum that is in the middle. I like to compare android to android because that's where I'm going to stay with.

Junior Member oldschool_nexusone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    The iPhone will loose the battle every time here in the n1 forums. You go to the iPhone forums and the n1 will loose over there. This topic needs to go to a forum that is in the middle. I like to compare android to android because that's where I'm going to stay with.
    Well, I can say I've been to both worlds. I LOVED my iPhone, but it can't touch the N1...

Its all personal preference. There are definitely things my iPhone does much better than my N1.

And actually, if my N1 doesn't shape up as far as voice service and signal strength, its going to get the punt. I never had these extreme signal quality issues with my iPhone.
    Jason
    Nexus One

I don't think comparisons to the iPhone is a bad thing. It's generally the phone every bonehead and their brother thinks is the greatest smart phone ever, so it's only fair to use it as a baseline.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Honesty, I miss the Symbian platform and will happy to return to it if the N8 holds up to expectation. I love my N1. Honestly I think the OS Platform of Android is better than Apple. I don't think iPhone is a superior phone, more of revolutionizing the next generation of smartphones. Funny how iPhone fans quickly forget the numerous numerous features of even a simple phone would have and the iPhone didn't have when they dropped the first generation. Quickly how people forget PDA and window mobile set the standard for screen phones.

I been able to watch movies on the Nokia 6620, play games in 3D, multitask. There's been apps for Nokia phones long before Apple decided to want to play phone and create the iStore.

It's funny how people hop on and off these bandwagons when in MY HONEST OPINION, everybody has piggybacked off of what Nokia has been doing with phones for years. Now whether Symbian is as attractive as it once was is irrelevant, simple to the fact that technology advances, companies advance, and hardware and devices advance. People are saying iPhone are the best thing since slice bread.....simply say that because NOW Steve decides to add features that should have already been on phones. I much as I live and breathe Symbian, even I know they are not holding water. What's sad is most iPhones owners refuse to believe there could ACTUALLY be something better than the iPhone.

iPhones were not the first to add front screen camera, Nokia 6680 had that long before then.

So in honesty, Android and Apple should thank Nokia and Symbian for really paving the way to what smart phones are today.

But hey what do I know.

And for the record, I'd shoot someone trying to steal my N1. But I don't praise it as being the best phone in the galaxy. That's just dumb.

And something to hit people in the face who forgets what Nokia does best

iPhone 4 vs. the smartphone elite: EVO 4G, N8, Pre Plus, and HD2 -- Engadget

This is all I will contribute to this thread because these thread and argument are about as.......nevermid.
    Androidfied.

I think the comparisons only matter to the purchasers. I bought an N1 because I liked the Android platform and it wasn't an Apple plus I don't get along with customer service reps at AT&T. Their bars are not in my places.

I think our world's perception standard has been the I-phone. Comparisons are inevitable. Most of the I-phone users have no real knowledge of it or any other phone technology. At least that's my 2 pennies worth.

I am extremely happy with my N1, one of my son's told me yesterday when he ditched his I-phone he was headed for the Android - if that was the current advanced technology when he made the change.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links