Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons

This is a discussion on Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I dont know what the deal is with comparing the Nexus to an iphone. Just because it looks similar and does simmilar things, does there ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons

Unhappy Can we chill with the iPhone Comparisons

I dont know what the deal is with comparing the Nexus to an iphone. Just because it looks similar and does simmilar things, does there always need to be a comparison? I cant stand apple, there products are boring and plain. Especially the iphone. I had one for 2 years and I have never once since having the Nexus say "Wow my iphone was better."

Simply put if people want to sign a 2 year contract with "apple crap" and "Att no service" then go ahead. There service sucks, customer service annoying and in store the lines are always long. I think we are all here because we love the Nexus and wanted a change from all the bordum. I knew buying this phone there was going to be some things that just did not work the best and freaked out about them before receiving the phone.

However after having the phone for 4 days I am in love with this phone. It is the best phone I have ever had. For new people showing up, if you want to parade around you iphone here go here www.iphonefans.com/. We dont care about them here. :nexusx:This is the Nexus One crew:nexusx:
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The reason for the iPhone comparisons is because iPhone is the market leader at the moment and it has been the benchmark to almost all of the touchscreen smaryphones.

Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    The reason for the iPhone comparisons is because iPhone is the market leader at the moment and it has been the benchmark to almost all of the touchscreen smaryphones.
    When Apple IIe came out they were the market leaders, but times change, Android phones are shipping at rates that are in-line if not exceeding Apple Iphones. I agree with N_1. We shouldn't be compared to Iphones, Iphones should be compared to us now.

I feel i have a lot of leg room here being a former iphone user. However I was never a apple fanboy. I never even really liked it that much hence why i got rid of it more than a year ago for obvious reasons like $130 bills a month and the monopoly that apple has pulled with itunes and att from then on till now waiting for something truely revolutionary. Imagine my surprise when the N1 CAME OUT!

Its like comparing apples to oranges. IPhone was a revolution when it first came out. Now its old news and no matter how many 3G "s,t,u,v's," they come out with it will always be the same phone. No open scource, no freedom to develope and on and on,just the like Droid commercial says " in a world of does not, DROID DOES!

This isn't an apple fanboy iPhone forum.

This is a forum for the next generation of revolutionary phones called Nexus One.

This thread is far better than any thread found on www.iphonefans.com/

(irony, get it?)
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    I dont know what the deal is with comparing the Nexus to an iphone. Just because it looks similar and does simmilar things, does there always need to be a comparison? I cant stand apple, there products are boring and plain. Especially the iphone. I had one for 2 years and I have never once since having the Nexus say "Wow my iphone was better."

Simply put if people want to sign a 2 year contract with "apple crap" and "Att no service" then go ahead. There service sucks, customer service annoying and in store the lines are always long. I think we are all here because we love the Nexus and wanted a change from all the bordum. I knew buying this phone there was going to be some things that just did not work the best and freaked out about them before receiving the phone.

However after having the phone for 4 days I am in love with this phone. It is the best phone I have ever had. For new people showing up, if you want to parade around you iphone here go here www.iphonefans.com/. We dont care about them here. :nexusx:This is the Nexus One crew:nexusx:

Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which phone to buy? Perhaps the iPhone is simply a well-known reference point that many can relate to?

Honestly, I see nobody touting the "greatness" of the iPhone here. They are merely using it as the standard reference for touchscreen smartphones...which it IS...for now.

^ Took the words right out of my mouth. ^

I was thinking the same thing, actually. lol
    Rooted Nexus One

For new people showing up, if you want to parade around you iphone here go here www.iphonefans.com/. We dont care about them here. :nexusx:This is the Nexus One crew:nexusx:
    Speak for yourself... I like to keep an open mind about matters, :iphone: or :nexusx: or I like to hear about them all

Besides iPhone IS a nice phone... ALMOST as nice as the N1 *runs!*
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which phone to buy? Perhaps the iPhone is simply a well-known reference point that many can relate to?

Honestly, I see nobody touting the "greatness" of the iPhone here. They are merely using it as the standard reference for touchscreen smartphones...which it IS...for now.
    First your mistaken I never debating as which to buy between and iPhone or nexus one. And two the iPhone is not the gold standard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links