Question regarding touch screen compared to iPhone / iPod?

This is a discussion on Question regarding touch screen compared to iPhone / iPod? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi I just wondered what everyone's feeling is regarding the Nexus One Touchscreen compared to the iPhone? What I mean is, on the iPhone / ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding touch screen compared to iPhone / iPod?

Question regarding touch screen compared to iPhone / iPod?

Hi

I just wondered what everyone's feeling is regarding the Nexus One Touchscreen compared to the iPhone?

What I mean is, on the iPhone / iPod Touch (which I have) the touch screen is very effortless and scrolls very easily.

However, on my girlfriends Samsung Jet, you kinda need to press down on the touchscreen till it registers (with a little vibration) and then you can scroll.

I just wondered which one the Nexus One is more like?

Thanks

Stewart

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

N_1
    Oh Geez another one. What makes the iPhone so darn GOOD?
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Quote Originally Posted by StuMcBill View Post
    Hi

I just wondered what everyone's feeling is regarding the Nexus One Touchscreen compared to the iPhone?

What I mean is, on the iPhone / iPod Touch (which I have) the touch screen is very effortless and scrolls very easily.

However, on my girlfriends Samsung Jet, you kinda need to press down on the touchscreen till it registers (with a little vibration) and then you can scroll.

Thanks

Stewart
    I haven't used the Apple products you mention, but from your comparison with your GFs, I would say it is in the very smooth and effortless category.

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    Oh Geez another one. What makes the iPhone so darn GOOD?

Weren't you the one who started like 15 threads the other day because you weren't sure which phone to buy? Perhaps the iPhone is simply a well-known reference point that many can relate to?

Honestly, I see nobody touting the "greatness" of the iPhone here. They are merely using it as the standard reference for touchscreen smartphones...which it IS...for now.

I never owned an iPhone, only iPod Touch. I can absolutely confirm the touch screen is as responsive, I don't notice ANY difference. Keyboard, scrolling, clicking, dragging, it's all equally good. Hope that answered OP's question
    My sigs keep getting

Thanks guys.

Yeah I didn't mean that the iPhone is the be all and end all of mobile phones, I just wanted a comparison between the 2 touch screen phones I have the most experience with.

And also, as WERA689 says, unfortunately at the moment, the industry standard for touch screen comparison is the iPhone.

Thanks

Stewart

N1 Touchscreen

The N1 touch screen is supposed to be capactive(sp?) the same as the Ipod's and the Touch's. So it should react the same and I have been reading posts that have said the touchscreen is very reactive and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by StuMcBill View Post
    Hi

Thanks

Stewart
    Your friends samsung is resistive touch screen they require pressure on screen.
    Nexus is capacitive like the iphone requires no pressure, its very responsive

It is very responsive but when it comes to touch screen there's no phone as good as iphone yet... Touch screen is surely one thing I miss from the iPhone.

^ WTF does it mean?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links