Is it just me or is edge ptetty darn fast

This is a discussion on Is it just me or is edge ptetty darn fast within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was getting worries with all the reports about losing 3G connection however when running on edge I have to say it is pretty darn ...

Thread: Is it just me or is edge ptetty darn fast

Is it just me or is edge ptetty darn fast

I was getting worries with all the reports about losing 3G connection however when running on edge I have to say it is pretty darn fast! I can still stream in high quality anddownload apparently very well. Not only that but it's a nice backup if you loose 3G. For only paying $60 a month not that bad of a deal.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was on ATT with edge before swicthing over to TMobile for the 3G. Tmobile's Edge is faster than ATT's where I'm at. With that said, I stream radio all day at work and on it's own that's fine on edge, but if I try to do anything else it chokes.

I'm addicted to 3G now, but in a pinch edge does the trick.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I was on ATT with edge before swicthing over to TMobile for the 3G. Tmobile's Edge is faster than ATT's where I'm at. With that said, I stream radio all day at work and on it's own that's fine on edge, but if I try to do anything else it chokes.

I'm addicted to 3G now, but in a pinch edge does the trick.
    We'll said!
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Its pretty good, a lot better than i thought it would be.

I'm also a recent convert to T-Mobile 3G from AT&T Edge.

The difference between T-Mobile and AT&T on the Nexus One in the Portland area is about 2-5 x. But I am without service in a few more spots.

The difference between Nexus One on AT&T and Tilt on AT&T is that the Nexus One is significantly faster than the Tilt. With the Tilt I had AT&T 3G and the service fairly well covered the Portland area. But the Nexus One still felt faster than the Tilt even though the Nexus One was limited to Edge.

Of course, the difference between the Nexus One on T-Mobile 3G and the Tilt on AT&T 3G is astounding. Even though the speed tests don't show a lot of difference, the phones are a LOT different.

As I've previously reported, even comparing N1 T-Mobile 3G this week and two weeks ago, most tests are about 2x better this week.
    :nexusx:

Overall I'm one very happy Nexus One user. Now if the touch screen were just a bit more consistently responsive....

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links