Set up help please

This is a discussion on Set up help please within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, I have recently got the nexus one and for the first few weeks have only been using it on wifi because did not ...

Thread: Set up help please

Set up help please

Hi there, I have recently got the nexus one and for the first few weeks have only been using it on wifi because did not have a sim. The internet worked great and the sync with my gmail was all fine. I have now purchased a T Mobile sim and when I inserted it I got a notification saying "sign-in error" for my gmail account. And there is no internet connection from my mobile network.

Can anyone suggest why this may be the case? Is there a setup stage that I have missed? As you may have noticed I am not technical at all so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You may find this helpful:
    Setting up your phone - Nexus One Help

When I switched from AT&T on my Nexus One to T-Mobile, I was getting the same / a similar error message (I don't remember exactly what it said).

The problem was that I had set my phone to AT&T only. For me, the fix was Settings - Wireless & network - Mobile network - Network operators - Select Automatically.

Also, realize that while "use only 2G networks" will save some power if your area isn't heavily covered with 3G, it will also slow network speed. So make sure Use only 2G networks is NOT green checked.

I've been told the T-Mobile Android Smartphone tech support is fairly decent. So call them if you continue to have problems.
    :nexusx: 611 from your T-Mobile phone or call 1-877-746-0909

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Thanks for both your replies. I will check out the Nexus help guide and try out your suggestion - fingers crossed!

Have you told T-mobile that you are using the sim-card with the Nexus? They have to know for it to work..

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1T View Post
    Thanks for both your replies. I will check out the Nexus help guide and try out your suggestion - fingers crossed!
    I got that one time, retyped the password and it seemed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1T View Post
    Does that sim card have data activated on it?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links