Battery Life and Pro/cons

This is a discussion on Battery Life and Pro/cons within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all, I am looking to making the switch back to Verizon from AT&T/iPhone 3GS. I love the iphone 3gs a lot but very very ...

Thread: Battery Life and Pro/cons

Battery Life and Pro/cons

Hello all,

I am looking to making the switch back to Verizon from AT&T/iPhone 3GS. I love the iphone 3gs a lot but very very disappointed with AT&T. As of right now, i am on the computer. I have no signal on my iphone at my house. I used to have Blackberry Storm (replaced 6 times/ Piece of ****).

I am very eager on getting Nexus One from Verizon. Before I do get it, I would like to get your opinions and feedbacks on the Nexus One.

How's the N1's battery life? What is the pro and cons on the N1?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

May I suggest you settle in for a moderately long night of reading here? All this has been covered already.

The battery that comes with the N1 is a 14000 mAh so you've basically got 14 hours of normal use. Any phone with this battery will give you the same. If you want more hours of use between charges, get a larger capacity battery. 16000 mAh and 28000 mAh are currently available from Seidco.

The complaints about battery longevity generally come from users who can't keep there fingers off the apps. After the novelty of your new phone wears off, you'll find the OEM battery will do you just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    The battery that comes with the N1 is a 14000 mAh so you've basically got 14 hours of normal use.
    That is NOT what mAh means.

The official battery life statements from Google are:
    Talk time - Up to 10 hours on 2G - Up to 7 hours on 3G
    Standby time - Up to 290 hours on 2G - Up to 250 hours on 3G
    Internet use - Up to 5 hours on 3G - Up to 6.5 hours on Wi-Fi
    Video playback - Up to 7 hours
    Audio playback - Up to 20 hours

These seem pretty accurate.

The complaints about battery longevity generally come from users who can't keep there fingers off the apps. After the novelty of your new phone wears off, you'll find the OEM battery will do you just fine.
    I've had my phone for since Day 3. I'm still playing with it a LOT.

I recently bought a USB battery from Duracell so that I could be disconnected from the power more. This way I can have a thin phone when I want and still get more battery life when I need it.

I'm not getting 5 hours on 3G, but I've also got the GPS on some, so that's expected.

All of that said, I still think the battery life is within my expectations.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    The battery that comes with the N1 is a 14000 mAh so you've basically got 14 hours of normal use.
    That is NOT what mAh means.
    That's exactly what mAh means. The commonly seen milliampere-hour (mAh or mAh) is one-thousandth of an ampere-hour, thus 1000 mah = 1 hour, so 14000 mAh = 14 hours. However you want to divide it up is up to the user.

Reference: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAh"]Ampere-hour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

But you are assuming the Nexus One draws an average of 1000 mA for every hour. It doesn't. The amount it draws varies depending upon the workload.

If it ALWAYS drew an average of 1000 mA under any workload, Google would have quoted the battery life as being 14 hours for every task.

For example, looking at the Talking on 3G battery life of 7 hours, I can figure that having the 3G radio transmitting and receiving draws averages about 2000 mA every hour.

Though as a software guy, I'm not going to get into a heavy duty analog power argument. :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

You are both right however the 14 hour generalization is just fine because i dont think any person uses the phone to just talk for 7 hours or listen to music for 20 hours or surf the net for 5....its usually always a mixture of those things so its really kinda pointless to divide out like that.

with that said my battery lasts between 11-15 hours of light to normal use which ranges at about 1 hour of talk time with bluetooth, 1 hour of the screen being on(being on the net/market/videos), 3 emails synching every 15 minutes and Open Home, Beautiful Widgets and TasKiller running.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links