Buy Nexus One now or wait for Verizon

This is a discussion on Buy Nexus One now or wait for Verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I currently have a G1 with T-Mobile but I want the Nexus one. My contract doesnt expire for another 9 months so I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy Nexus One now or wait for Verizon

Buy Nexus One now or wait for Verizon

So I currently have a G1 with T-Mobile but I want the Nexus one. My contract doesnt expire for another 9 months so I have to wait to get the $179 price point.

I've come to terms with paying the early termination fee to get the cheaper price (it'll be cheaper than buying the phone outright).

My question is, do I pay the fee and reup with T-Mobile to get the N1 now.. or do I wait for Verizon?

I've heard rumors of anywhere from February 25th to March 23rd to May 15th. I don't know which is true, as is the nature with rumors.

Do you think it'll come out soon enough that waiting would be worth it? Or should I just reup with T-Mobile and get a new one now? I'm not against sticking with T-Mobile, but I also wouldn't mind being on Verizon as my wife and parents are on there.

Do you think the N1 will come out on Verizon before the end of March?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViRii View Post
    So I currently have a G1 with T-Mobile but I want the Nexus one. My contract doesnt expire for another 9 months so I have to wait to get the $179 price point.

I've come to terms with paying the early termination fee to get the cheaper price (it'll be cheaper than buying the phone outright).

My question is, do I pay the fee and reup with T-Mobile to get the N1 now.. or do I wait for Verizon?

I've heard rumors of anywhere from February 25th to March 23rd to May 15th. I don't know which is true, as is the nature with rumors.

Do you think it'll come out soon enough that waiting would be worth it? Or should I just reup with T-Mobile and get a new one now? I'm not against sticking with T-Mobile, but I also wouldn't mind being on Verizon as my wife and parents are on there.

Do you think the N1 will come out on Verizon before the end of March?
    i gues you have to ask yourself how good is your coverage with t-mobile in your area vs verizon and how impatient and willing you are to wait. is the 2 year commitment worth waiting for vz or do you get a comparable and cheaper plan with t-mobile. if your other family members are on vz and you can get on a family plan for minutes it may be worth the wait and save you $ on early termination. personally i wouldnt set a deadline, even if n1 comes out a few weeks later in april (most likely) for vz i would chose whats personally best for you and put the anxiousiness aside. like heinz ketchup, good things come to those who wait. lol

why not just bite the bullet and get a N1 at full price? You're willing to switch carriers just to save a few bucks?

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area. Verizon just basically sucks here. I pay $110/month, for stupid phone(Blackberry). So expensive, and i lose service at random areas where I need it most. I looked at coverage, and t-mobile seems to rock here. If you like verizon, wait, as I don't know how it is in other areas.

Remember, a verizon phone will ONLY work with Verizon. A GSM version (T-Mobile, ATT) will work with either carrier, AND work outside the USA in Europe, etc..

A Verizon plan could be worth it if your family and friends are on verizon (odd no one here seems to mention that..) since group policies are what really makes one company cheaper than another.

I can't possibly see verizon getting the Nexus One in March. They said "Spring", March is the very, very beginning of Spring. Maybe in May or something. If you're waiting for it on verizon, you might want to reconsider anyways, since some absolutely amazing phones are coming out this year, including new types of specs like Samsungs "Super AMOLED".

If verizon works better then wait, if not just by outright.
    Signing up and locked into another 2 years worthless IMO..
    any gadgets, they degrade their value from the day 1 of its release... there is no reason to wait.

This may sound stupid but what are the benefits of buying the phone outright vs buying the subsidized price if I dont mind staying with T-Mobile for 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    why not just bite the bullet and get a N1 at full price? You're willing to switch carriers just to save a few bucks?
    A few bucks and a better network....

This may sound stupid but what are the benefits of buying the phone outright vs buying the subsidized price if I dont mind staying with T-Mobile for 2 years?
    So I understand that it saves you money to buy it outright, but that's if you're already paying $59.99 for our monthly price.. I'm already paying $79.99 which is the same price as the plan that is offered by Google/T-Mobile with the $179 price.

I understand not being restricted to one carrier, but like I said, I dont mind staying with T-Mobile. I would probably renew my contract with them once it expires anyway.

So, is there a benefit to me to buy the phone outright?

So I understand that it saves you money to buy it outright, but that's if you're already paying $59.99 for our monthly price.. I'm already paying $79.99 which is the same price as the plan that is offered by Google/T-Mobile with the $179 price.

I understand not being restricted to one carrier, but like I said, I dont mind staying with T-Mobile. I would probably renew my contract with them once it expires anyway.

So, is there a benefit to me to buy the phone outright?
    Good Read... Nexus One vs iPhone, Droid & Palm Pre – Total Cost of Ownership

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links