Podcast and Video Podcast on N1?

This is a discussion on Podcast and Video Podcast on N1? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am thinking of buying a N1. I currently have an ipod touch and use it all the time. I would get an iPhone but ...

Thread: Podcast and Video Podcast on N1?

Podcast and Video Podcast on N1?

I am thinking of buying a N1. I currently have an ipod touch and use it all the time. I would get an iPhone but I want my smart phone to be unlocked so I can just use my t-mobile pre-paid SIM. (mostly I will just use it with wi-fi). My question is this, can I download audio and video podcasts onto the N1 just like I can with the ipod touch? What application would I use to do this? can you get it from itunes or some equivalent? If anyone else has tried to download video podcasts to the N1 please tell me your experience.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

video podcast

I'd like to download, for example, NBC Nightly News video podcast. I don't want streaming video, I just want to download and watch it offline. For example I will be traveling overseas next week and I want to download a few hours of news broadcasts to watch while I am hanging around the airports, on trains, buses, etc. Possible to do this with N1?

Dogcatcher is good for video podcasts

Google Listen is great for audio podcasts and the Reader integration at the desktop is excellent.

TBird1

I use BeyondPod. It works great.
    The pain is setting up the podcasts. I just used the net on my computer to find the feed then copy and paste to an email to myself. I made a good list with video and audio podcasts the sent it off. Opened the BeyondPod program on my phone and the email and copied and pasted the urls. Took 30 min, but now it works great. I have it sent to DL the pocasts at 3am when I know I'm sleeping and hooked to a charger, then they are all ready in the am. You can also manually DL podcasts. Video is verry nice, not choppy or grainy.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links