Is there a way to see what an update is doing before updating an app?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to see what an update is doing before updating an app? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there a way to see what an app developer is updating in an update BEFORE I update an application? I dont want to update ...

Thread: Is there a way to see what an update is doing before updating an app?

Is there a way to see what an update is doing before updating an app?

Is there a way to see what an app developer is updating in an update BEFORE I update an application?

I dont want to update my apps really unless I know what is being changed (i.e. a developer putting restrictions on an app that was once free)

Thank you for your help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can always goto the developers website to check on what's new in the update.

The term you are looking for is "change log" / "release log" or something similar. There is no way to be entirely sure what an update does, but developers often make fairly detailed lists, for both the users' sake and their own.

Not all developers do though, so it's not always possible to know. If you don't see a description where you are downloading, you'll need to go to the developer's website and check to see if they have posted a description. All official Google releases tend to be well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    You can always goto the developers website to check on what's new in the update.
    Not "always"... even some large companies, like Samsung, do not post detailed releases. The more software-oriented a company is, the more likely they will post the changes, since it's likely to affect other aspects of their operations.

you can always check the feedback since the update. It usually has some good info, especially for the times when adds are put in
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    you can always check the feedback since the update. It usually has some good info, especially for the times when adds are put in
    That's what I do. I just read the comments and see what people are saying about the update; then decide if I want to update or not.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links