Warning! Do not order from Celtrek!

This is a discussion on Warning! Do not order from Celtrek! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Mods, if this is inappropriate, please delete or move. The reason I am posting this, is because I said a few times in this forum ...

Thread: Warning! Do not order from Celtrek!

Thumbs up Warning! Do not order from Celtrek!

Mods, if this is inappropriate, please delete or move.

The reason I am posting this, is because I said a few times in this forum that I ordered my N1 from Celtrek. This is true, and it was delivered too.

However, this is only part of a much longer horror story. The day after I ordered mine, my Dad in the Netherlands decided to order one for himself as well, also from Celtrek of course, thinking they were a good company with reasonable prices.

Mine was delivered a week later, his we heard nothing on. On behalf of him, I contacted them a few times on their live chat (since they never answered any of my tickets), asking when HIS was to be delivered. At first they were a bit vague, but finally a week later, they promised "Friday 1st week of February".

Nothing happened, tickets were not responded to, and their online help chat has been shut down since, so my Dad finally filed a claim with Paypal, asking for the money back since he had never received his. Lo and behold, those crooks at Celtrek responded, giving MY tracking number to Paypal as "proof" that it was sent.

Of course we sent a detailed statement to Paypal explaining what was sent to who and when, and that the tracking number provided had nothing to do with my Dad's order. Heck, he doesn't even live in the same country as me so it is easy enough to prove.

However, I guess it goes to show that Celtrek is a scam, wel, semi scam since they DID send mine. But, because I almost recommended them in this site before, I felt the need to post and strongly URGE everybody NOT to do business with Celtrek...

If Celtrek comes back with big apologies, I will amend my statements here. However, even after numerous tickets and attempts to communicate with them, we heard NOTHING back, and as I said, they tried to con my Dad out of his $650. DO! NOT! TRUST! THEM!

If anybody would like to read more about our horror story, here is the thread about it Global Roaming (former Celtrek) - Page 16 - PrePaidGSM.net Forum
    My sigs keep getting

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks for the info... keep us posted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Mods, if this is inappropriate, please delete or move.

The reason I am posting this, is because I said a few times in this forum that I ordered my N1 from Celtrek. This is true, and it was delivered too.

However, this is only part of a much longer horror story. The day after I ordered mine, my Dad in the Netherlands decided to order one for himself as well, also from Celtrek of course, thinking they were a good company with reasonable prices.

Mine was delivered a week later, his we heard nothing on. On behalf of him, I contacted them a few times on their live chat (since they never answered any of my tickets), asking when HIS was to be delivered. At first they were a bit vague, but finally a week later, they promised "Friday 1st week of February".

Nothing happened, tickets were not responded to, and their online help chat has been shut down since, so my Dad finally filed a claim with Paypal, asking for the money back since he had never received his. Lo and behold, those crooks at Celtrek responded, giving MY tracking number to Paypal as "proof" that it was sent.

Of course we sent a detailed statement to Paypal explaining what was sent to who and when, and that the tracking number provided had nothing to do with my Dad's order. Heck, he doesn't even live in the same country as me so it is easy enough to prove.

However, I guess it goes to show that Celtrek is a scam, wel, semi scam since they DID send mine. But, because I almost recommended them in this site before, I felt the need to post and strongly URGE everybody NOT to do business with Celtrek...

If Celtrek comes back with big apologies, I will amend my statements here. However, even after numerous tickets and attempts to communicate with them, we heard NOTHING back, and as I said, they tried to con my Dad out of his $650. DO! NOT! TRUST! THEM!

If anybody would like to read more about our horror story, here is the thread about it Global Roaming (former Celtrek) - Page 16 - PrePaidGSM.net Forum
    did he get his money back?

Not yet, Thomas, today is the 10th day of the claim, if Celtrek had NOT responded, he would have gotten it back today. Because they sent the bogus tracking number to Paypal, it is still in review with Paypal. Today we provided Paypal with every single email of communication we ever received from Celtrek, which proves that 1 phone was sent to me, Canada, with that particular tracking number, and NO phone was sent to the Netherlands, period.

We provided them with both Paypal transaction ID's which showed it was paid twice on two different accounts and two different shipping addresses, yet only sent once.

Paypal responded that they will review all the evidence, so I have no doubt they will see the truth in our claim. I only hope they will be able to get the money back from Celtrek... so I will keep everybody posted. In the meantime, please stay clear of them, NEVER again will we do business with them!
    My sigs keep getting

Paypal is still investigating. In the meantime, posted my story here: Community-powered support for CELTREK

Edit: and, it got deleted. However, I shall not rest my case until we DO get our money back, they are swindlers, DO NOT TRUST THEM!
    My sigs keep getting

Today my Dad got his money refunded. Celtrek is indeed no more, so, case closed.
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Today my Dad got his money refunded. Celtrek is indeed no more, so, case closed.
    Awesome! Paypal comes through again! I bought from a fraudulent listing from eBay, and they were able to see through the fraud and give my money back almost right away! Glad to see everything worked out for your dad!

Thank Thomas, though in this case we were not impressed with Paypal's handling of the case, I think a bunch of robots work there. It was Celtrek who finally realized they had not sent the money (and it took a lot of public complaints to smoke them out) and they requested a refund. Either way, the battle is finally over
    My sigs keep getting

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links