Lost contacts/call log

This is a discussion on Lost contacts/call log within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So, I got my Nexus One yesterday....having had the G1 and myTouch, set up was a breeze. I've been using it fully....just had a little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost contacts/call log

Lost contacts/call log

So, I got my Nexus One yesterday....having had the G1 and myTouch, set up was a breeze. I've been using it fully....just had a little problem.....

I'm using my phone today, all is good. I then plug in the phone to my PC/USB charger. I come back 5 minutes later, and I need to call someone that called me earlier today. I go to my missed calls, and I have no call log. I go to my Contacts....none (I have almost 400 in there normally, and earlier today). I go to my text messages....all the known persons are now just numbers. Hmmmm.

I realize my ActiveSync is off (I turned it off earlier today). I turn it back on. I unplug the phone from the USB charger. A few minutes later, I have Contacts again. Still no names on my text messages. A few minutes later, my text messages are now in sync with my Contact file.

I then go to my missed call section (or call log), and I have lost all my calls that were there.

Has anyone experienced this? Know the cause?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If it happens again, you may have to do a factory reset to clear any software glitches, as this is what it sounds like to me; as being the problem.

So, now I'm several weeks into it...and this is my 3rd Android phone (G1, myTouch), so I've got a lot of apps/settings on this one. The problem does continue.....will I now have to reinstall all the apps after the reset. I think I will, but just checking.

I have lost my contacts (a little over 800) and call log history as well. It's weird and really annoying. Have considered doing a factory reset myself. Let me know how it works out for u

happened to me too today... I can still recover some contacts from SIM... but the ones stored on my fone are lost... if this is a bug.. its a BIG BUG!

Edit Later:
    I put my fone on sync and the contacts reappeared. Seems like google did have a backup of them... But lost contacts since my last sync. About 3-4 of them

Its nice I have them back... Why did they get lost in first place?! Strange enough, my Favorites which were also lost, are back again...!

Moral of the story: Keep syncing every now and then and you should be safe.

More Edit:
    May be we can help each other here! What applications do you have? It could be an application causing this??
    I got:
    androzip
    AndWobble
    Apollo Task Killer
    Battery Widget
    Compass
    Shapewriter keyboard
    Thick Buttons keyboard
    FaceGoo
    Flip Vibrate
    Handcent
    Maps
    Market
    Shake Them All
    SlideMe
    SMS Search Free
    Steamy Window
    Super Mario Sounds and Ringtones

Lost contacts/call log

This thing has happened to me too twice. Where you able to find out the root cause?

Why are you all turning sync off?

Why is contacts sync turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Why are you all turning sync off?
    Because the contacts on my phone do not get sync'd to Google. From what I've read, sync appears to work in only one direction, from Google to phone.

I use Missing Sync to backup contacts and other files to my computer, and I periodically sync my contacts to my SD card so I can recover them when the contacts disappear from my phone.

From what I can tell, my contacts always disappear when I power off my phone. Of course, events occur that force me to power off my phone pretty much on a weekly basis.

My contacts disappear at other times too, but I haven't figured out what is common about those disappearances.

1. That doesn't answer for me why you are turning sync off. As a test or do you permanently have it off?
    2. If it's true that sync is only in one direction, how come contacts I add on my phone end up in my Google account?
    3. While it is true that I have seen on my phone that I add a contact, and when I immediately go to my contacts list, it's not always there. But if I search for it, it is, I assume it just hasn't been indexed yet. And I can't say that contacts immediately sync to Google, I haven't done that much testing. I can pretty much assure you they won't sync if sync is off.

I have multiple Google accounts. My contacts are only synced to one of them. It asks me when I create the contact. It is known that Facebook contacts do not sync, Facebook won't allow it. Are you sure you have all syncing options turned on in your account setup?

1. I have 157 Contacts.
    2. I have had Background and Auto sync for my gmail account turned on since I received my Nexus One last July.
    3. When I received my phone, I immediately purchased Missing Sync for Android and sync'd my Nexus One with my Apple Mac. All the Contacts from my Mac appeared in the Contacts of my phone.
    4. None of the Contacts on my phone have ever appeared in my gmail account.

My response was simply my view about why someone would turn off syncing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links