Old Palm Treo Owners

This is a discussion on Old Palm Treo Owners within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I still own and use my Treo 700P. It's been a great phone for the last 3 years, but it's time to retire it. I'd ...

Thread: Old Palm Treo Owners

Post Old Palm Treo Owners

I still own and use my Treo 700P. It's been a great phone for the last 3 years, but it's time to retire it.

I'd love to hear from old Palm OS Treo owners who have upgraded to the N1 and to read any experiences in transitioning from the Palm OS Treos to the N1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

AH! I HAD a Treo 630 almost..... 4 years ago?

I loved that thing, but it was no means a smartphone like the Nexus. I miss stylus somedays when you wanna draw or take a note in the way you would with a pencil or pen..... But I say good riddance to styluses.

In regards to functionality, the Nexus is decades ahead of a Treo. You have much more options and choices when it comes to apps like calenders, planners, notepads, calculators etc. Treo UI is very friendly and simple, but as I remember it, there wasn't much to choose from if any.

Still miss the hardware keyboard, but I LOVE Smart Keyboard now that it has been polished.

I think the biggest thing you will have to adjust to, would be going from a PDA style Treo to the android system.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I used Palm devices for years, the most recent being the Treo 680. I found the transition to Nexus very easy for the most part. While I used the 680's keyboard, I always took notes using Grafitti, so one of my first purchases on the Nexus was MobileWrite so I could have my Grafitti (using my finger instead of the stylus). However, since I tried the Swype keyboard, I have not used the MobilWrite app and have become very comfortable with the on-screen keyboard. I also find the voice input very convenient.

As for applications, I have found workable Android replacement apps for the most part, but I sure do miss Agendus! However the apps keep adding to the Market every day and the quality is getting better.

This is a great phone and I am very pleased I got it. I have had it since the first week it came out and every day I find something new and useful about it. I go nowhere without it.

I'm receiving my N1 today. Is it easy to transfer data from the Treo to the N1? I specifically have a lot of important data in the memos section of my Treo.

i have a centro and i moved to the android os (samsung galaxy spica) with a nexus one on the way.... also owned a lot of palm os pda's before (black and white days).

i must say the android os is great! although palm's hardware buttons to go directly (plus turns on the device) to the calendar, phone, etc... i miss quite a bit.

and yes i miss agendus as well.

Re: Old Palm Treo Owners

Use companionlink demo to migrate but I haven't found a memopad tool yet. Hard buttons are so nice like email or dial. Dial by initial is missed. Otherwise its cool enough o keep. Agendus rocks!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy View Post
    Use companionlink demo to migrate but I haven't found a memopad tool yet. Hard buttons are so nice like email or dial. Dial by initial is missed. Otherwise its cool enough o keep. Agendus rocks!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    i installed 3banana for notes... havent used it much yet though to be able to comment. the reason why this is the app i chose is because

1. its free
    2. syncs with the cloud so you have access to your notes from a laptop/pc/mac

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links