Hsdpa?

This is a discussion on Hsdpa? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ezeddiekun Originally Posted by Fuse you never get the whole bandwidth possible. 600 is pretty good. Think of it like your home ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hsdpa?

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    you never get the whole bandwidth possible. 600 is pretty good.

Think of it like your home internet. you may have the "10mb package" but only get 3-4 maybe. Same thing here.
    Lol your ISP must suck. I have never heard anyone pay for ridicoulous service like that. :rofl3:
    Yes, I gotta agree, you are getting screwed. That sounds like class-action-lawsuit or at least BBB and Attorney General/FTC/FCC complaint worthy if it's really happening all the time and your're paying for something that should be 60% more. I don't get my 5mb down/1mb up service ALL the time, but it's at least in there 90+ percent of the time. Otherwise, it's false advertising.

I wish the FCC would step up and start enforcing clear standards as to what services should be. 3G? 4G? etc. must be at least XXX kbps
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    you never get the whole bandwidth possible. 600 is pretty good.

Think of it like your home internet. you may have the "10mb package" but only get 3-4 maybe. Same thing here.
    Lol your ISP must suck. I have never heard anyone pay for ridicoulous service like that. :rofl3:
    Yes, I gotta agree, you are getting screwed. That sounds like class-action-lawsuit or at least BBB and Attorney General/FTC/FCC complaint worthy if it's really happening all the time and your're paying for something that should be 60% more. I don't get my 5mb down/1mb up service ALL the time, but it's at least in there 90+ percent of the time. Otherwise, it's false advertising.

I wish the FCC would step up and start enforcing clear standards as to what services should be. 3G? 4G? etc. must be at least XXX kbps
    I pay for 3mbps on my home internet. I call them everytime it drops below 2800kbps. I pay good money here, I expect good service!
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wait you mean to tell me you pay for 3mbps? Do you have dial up?

This is mine and i pay for 15mb/s

But yea usually during the day when its busy i noramlly get about 9-10 which kinda sux but what are you gonna do...if you want the actual 15 all the time you need to buy the 20mb/s one :D

And to answer some1s question T-Mobile is suppose to have HSDPA all across their network however they have not increased their backhaul which is limiting the speeds we are seeing. And as someone else mentioned they have also tested HSDPA+ in Philly which has potential of 21mbps...highlly unnlikely well ever see anything close to that the same way we are seeing under 1mbps on HSDPA when we are supposed to be seeing 7mbps.

And what is this thing i hear on the news all the time about some airwaves and how there is no room for moibile data and phone companies need to compromise with TV broadcasters?! I thought you can have infinite amount of airwaves, have they already taken up all of them?! thats craziness!!!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

I honestly don't see the need for 13mbps. How is anyone gonna upload that fast? Unless you use P2P 24/7.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I run a web, ftp, teamspeak, and the occasional game server off my box. 13 mb would be very useful.
    Rooted Nexus One

I run a web, ftp, teamspeak, and the occasional game server off my box. 13 mb would be very useful.
    Run a server with 130 ping? Really? lol
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links