Hsdpa?

This is a discussion on Hsdpa? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just noticed today that my phone is connected to a HSDPA network. I thought that meant I get to enjoy the luxury of 7-8mbps? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hsdpa?

Hsdpa?

I just noticed today that my phone is connected to a HSDPA network. I thought that meant I get to enjoy the luxury of 7-8mbps? But im only getting 600kbps. Does this indicate that I will never get 7-8mbps even if T-Mobile upgrades their whole network?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you never get the whole bandwidth possible. 600 is pretty good.

Think of it like your home internet. you may have the "10mb package" but only get 3-4 maybe. Same thing here.
    Rooted Nexus One

I wouldn't say 600k is good. Less than 1/10th the max theoretical speed. I think it's more an issue with throttling on T-mobiles part.

The average I see is in the 800-1,000 range. SO 'good' may be overstating it, yes, but it's still a hell of a lot better than Edge.

Take a look at speeds here:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post20851

For TMobile, you seem about average.
    Rooted Nexus One

Im from oklahoma and i usually get around 700kbps, went to texas this past weekend and was getting 1500kbps. Awesome speeds there.

Is T-Mobile ever getting hsdpa?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post

Think of it like your home internet. you may have the "10mb package" but only get 3-4 maybe. Same thing here.
    Lol your ISP must suck. I have never heard anyone pay for ridicoulous service like that. :rofl3:
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post

Lol your ISP must suck. I have never heard anyone pay for ridicoulous service like that. :rofl3:
    There is a reason it's called theoretical speeds most places for ALL ISP's wont reach their maximum potential... has nothing to do with ISP sucking (although in some cases it does) just fact..

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    I just noticed today that my phone is connected to a HSDPA network. I thought that meant I get to enjoy the luxury of 7-8mbps? But im only getting 600kbps. Does this indicate that I will never get 7-8mbps even if T-Mobile upgrades their whole network?
    Just a little more...

The flavor of HSPA+ that T-Mobile is using features a theoretical max of 21 Mbps (and newer versions of HSPA+ can do 42 and 84 Mbps). Philadelphia is the test market for T-Mobile’s HSPA+ and early results show it can do 9 Mbps in real world tests.

Just as the example Fuse used.. just because the theoretical speed is whatever it doesn't mean EVERYONE or really ANYONE for that matter will actually see those speeds..

Are you kidding me? I never said they have to reach the theoretical speed. You're getting about 2/5 of what your paying for, example from your post. You should ATLEAST get half of what you pay for, but 2/5 is a bit ridicoulous no? How can you argue your ISP does not suck when they only provide you 2/5 of what your paying for? Your obviously not understand my point here.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links