DOA Nexus One :(

This is a discussion on DOA Nexus One :( within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jdd48 Well I got a new phone today, but still no joy. I ordered an extra battery on my own dime Monday ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DOA Nexus One :(

Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    Well I got a new phone today, but still no joy. I ordered an extra battery on my own dime Monday just in case this might happen. If that doesn't fix the issue, then the phone is going back.
    Well....does it turn on?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    Well I got a new phone today, but still no joy. I ordered an extra battery on my own dime Monday just in case this might happen. If that doesn't fix the issue, then the phone is going back.
    Well....does it turn on?
    Nope, still doesn't come on. I am hoping it's a battery issue. My battery doesn't get warm at all while the phone is supposed to be charging, which leads me to think it might be just that. I just couldn't wait for HTC to screw around with another 2 day shipment, so I ordered a battery on Monday, and it is coming in tomorrow. (If I waited any longer I would have basically no time left on my "trial period", without having ever turned on my phone even once.) If that doesn't fix the issue, I am done.

Have you considered the possibility that the issue is in your charging cable?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that the issue is in your charging cable?
    I was just about to suggest that too.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I've tried both the wall charger and the USB charger with no luck.

I do get the orange indicator light as if it would be charging, just nothing when I press the power button, and no battery warmth either.

Still sounds like it could be a cable issue. Micro USB has several wires, and only one needs to be broken for it to fail to actually charge. Try another cable with your chargers.

I borrowed a known working micro usb cable from a friend, and still nothing. All signs seems to point to a defective battery.

Yes, I suppose it does. Did HTC not replace the battery with the exchange? It's highly unlikely that two batteries in a row are bad...HIGHLY unlikely. In fact, yours is the first report I've seen of a total battery failure.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Yes, I suppose it does. Did HTC not replace the battery with the exchange? It's highly unlikely that two batteries in a row are bad...HIGHLY unlikely. In fact, yours is the first report I've seen of a total battery failure.
    No, unfortunately they didn't. That's why I went ahead and ordered one on my own, even though I had to pay for it. Waiting for HTC to swap my battery would have taken another 3 - 5 days, which would have drained my entire trial period.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links