Price check!!!

This is a discussion on Price check!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, well, i'm about to order the phone. Just had a question though. I'm getting the phone locked in with T-mo, because for one, T-mo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price check!!!

Price check!!!

Okay, well, i'm about to order the phone.

Just had a question though.

I'm getting the phone locked in with T-mo, because for one, T-mo is great here, better than any other provider in the state.

So, i'm starting a new contract with them. Gives the price tag $179, and it's $80/m.

How much would I be paying right off the bat? The phone price + what? Is their a charge to activate the phone once I get it?

Thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

believe there is a $35 activation fee added to your first 10 days bill.

If you have the money I'd buy it at full price its cheaper in the long run that way..even if you plan to stick with T-Mobile.. the same plan you will be paying 80 for will be 60 a month..

if you are a college student, they'll waive your activation fee!

We talked our salesperson into waiving two activation fees. I don't think I've ever paid an activation fee...if one place won't waive it I keep shopping until I find one that does (there are probably a dozen tmo stores in my area.) This is true for most carriers, I believe.

What, just ask them to waive the activation fee?

Also, why would it be $60/m instead of $80/m?

You guys are hilarious!!!! $60mth or $80mth plus it's in USD to boot as well? That's like $450 to $600 HKD per month....Then on top of that you still have to dish out $179 for the phone and connection fees? RIP OFF EXTROARDINAIRE!!!
    Total highway robbery and I guess since people are out to pay it they loved to be stroked and being takiin' advantage of by their mobile carrier. LOL

My friends in HK are only paying $398HKD a month for a full unlimited plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post

Because if you pay the $179 you are getting the phone for a discounted price and are also locked into a 2yr agreement.. and since you took advantage of getting the phone at a discount price you can only select from the "Even More" Plans but if you pay for it up front which the phone will then actually be yours and you will have no contract but month to month with T-Mobile you have access to the "Even More Plus" Plans which are EXACTLY the same but $20 a month cheaper..

You save $130 and your not locked into any type of contract..

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    You guys are hilarious!!!! $60mth or $80mth plus it's in USD to boot as well? That's like $450 to $600 HKD per month....Then on top of that you still have to dish out $179 for the phone and connection fees? RIP OFF EXTROARDINAIRE!!!
    Total highway robbery and I guess since people are out to pay it they loved to be stroked and being takiin' advantage of by their mobile carrier. LOL

We aren't in HK though...now are we?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee2086 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post

Because if you pay the $179 you are getting the phone for a discounted price and are also locked into a 2yr agreement.. and since you took advantage of getting the phone at a discount price you can only select from the "Even More" Plans but if you pay for it up front which the phone will then actually be yours and you will have no contract but month to month with T-Mobile you have access to the "Even More Plus" Plans which are EXACTLY the same but $20 a month cheaper..

You save $130 and your not locked into any type of contract..
    See, I can just go for it and get it, $179/m since T-mo is the best in AZ, and be in the agreement, than just pay and cancel the contract whenever I want, and still have the phone cheaper than everyone getting it unlocked.

Than, I can get a unlock code, or if it requires being plugged in, get it unlocked, and bam, I got it unlocked, half the price.

Their is ways around everything, just no point in shelling out $500+ and be scared of a 2 year agreement. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, and verizon, and att suck where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post

What is the value that your post brings to this discussion? The TS obviously lives in the US and has to use US carriers. That in no ways makes any of us "hilarious." Chill out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links