Nexus One switch to Verizon

This is a discussion on Nexus One switch to Verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does anyone know if the unlocked Nexus One will be able to switch to Verizon in March? That is the reason I bought mine unlocked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One switch to Verizon

Nexus One switch to Verizon

Does anyone know if the unlocked Nexus One will be able to switch to Verizon in March? That is the reason I bought mine unlocked early so I could switch to the best carrier for my area. I live in rural area and even though I love the phone..I really would like to be able to enjoy 3g instead of Edge. T-mobile is supposed to testing and upgrading but it is just not fast enough.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You'll have to buy a new phone. The T-mo N1 will not work on Verizon's network.

I believe it was Google's Nexus One and it will work on AT&T but not 3g only EDGE

That sucks that T-Mo isnt fast enough in your area.

I could have waited for the Verizon version but he whole reason I chose T-Mo was because they give the best options on contracts.

I really hate having to pay $70 a month for voice and data when I can get just data only for $34 and use VOIP...

T-Mo in southern california is great for me

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    That sucks that T-Mo isnt fast enough in your area.

I could have waited for the Verizon version but he whole reason I chose T-Mo was because they give the best options on contracts.

I really hate having to pay $70 a month for voice and data when I can get just data only for $34 and use VOIP...

T-Mo in southern california is great for me
    Hey you pay $34? I thought Internet Only plan was $40. Im using that one. I feel like im overpaying now :-P
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How could it work on Verizon?
    N1 is a GSM phone, it works with a SIM card, where Verizon operates on CDMA and no SIM card.

Junior Member Phydeaux_nexusone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    N1 is a GSM phone, it works with a SIM card, where Verizon operates on CDMA and no SIM card.
    I believe he's referring to this: Neowin.net - Google's Nexus One coming to Verizon on March 23

Quote Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    I believe he's referring to this: Neowin.net - Google's Nexus One coming to Verizon on March 23

He said he bought his unlock, but I don't think it'll work with verizon network due to phone being GSM and uses a sim card, unless the N1 is also rig to work "best of both world". Correct if me I'm wrong here...

Yes the article mentions the CDMA version of N1 for Verizon, whereas he asks if the current N1 can be used on Verizon network.

"Does anyone know if the unlocked Nexus One will be able to switch to Verizon in March"

The Nexus One that's coming to Verizon is a different model, with a completely different radio. The one you have now can't work with any CDMA carrier. So to switch to Verizon, you would have to purchase a new Nexus One with the Verizon CDMA radio.

In summary, the phone you have now will not work with Verizon, you gotta get the Verizon version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links