Nexus Uno Going Back... Tragic News :-(

This is a discussion on Nexus Uno Going Back... Tragic News :-( within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well... the title says it all. after having the phone for a week, i really enjoyed the features the phone is capable of but i'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus Uno Going Back... Tragic News :-(

Nexus Uno Going Back... Tragic News :-(

Well... the title says it all. after having the phone for a week, i really enjoyed the features the phone is capable of but i'm fed up with no service inside my house. i drop calls, miss calls & text. what to do... what to do. as soon as i step out of the door, 3g is up and bars full. it makes no sense. t-mo rep said that sometimes antennas need to be moved so slightly to improve dead spots. also he said certain things inside the house can cause interference with the signal but i don't see anything that can do this but a microwave and my comp. i love the fact that with gsm phones u can just swap out the sim card to another phone but just don't know what to do. should i go back to big red or just hang in there with t-mo... decisions, decisions... sorry... just venting...

Edit: Just decided to send phone back and go back to "big red" so nexus uno will be gone for only a month... you'll be back in my hands... i promise... :-)
    Sorry T-MO... great customer service just bad coverage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not so tragic then. At least the story has a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Not so tragic then. At least the story has a happy ending!
    i guess you're right... i can wait a month. i don't mind paying the $45 restocking fee. as long as the big red version doesn't have problems with reception like the T-MO version. With my previous phone, BB curve 8330, i had full bars inside the house and throughout the state and only dropped at minimum one call a year. but with T-MO i've dropped more calls than i have in a four year span with verzion. well, i get to use my BB for one more month... thats if the release date is pretty accurate... lets hope so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That sux. I've had my phone for 5 days now, and my service is pretty good at my house. We are kinda neighbors fyi(Lakewood).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Survive View Post
    Well... the title says it all. after having the phone for a week, i really enjoyed the features the phone is capable of but i'm fed up with no service inside my house. i drop calls, miss calls & text. what to do... what to do. as soon as i step out of the door, 3g is up and bars full. it makes no sense. t-mo rep said that sometimes antennas need to be moved so slightly to improve dead spots. also he said certain things inside the house can cause interference with the signal but i don't see anything that can do this but a microwave and my comp. i love the fact that with gsm phones u can just swap out the sim card to another phone but just don't know what to do. should i go back to big red or just hang in there with t-mo... decisions, decisions... sorry... just venting...

Edit: Just decided to send phone back and go back to "big red" so nexus uno will be gone for only a month... you'll be back in my hands... i promise... :-)
    Sorry T-MO... great customer service just bad coverage.

I feel for you there! I have the same issue with 3g coverage. Tmo coverage map shows I'm blanketed with 3g here in las vegas, nv, but yet inside my house or even outside the door from my house it's on edge. And most of the time, I get no signal. There's plenty of cell towers around my neighborhood and I can even see one from my house. I rarely had any issues with my 3g dash(also made by HTC), the 3g signal is always consistent. I should have never sold that phone. I have been with tmo for 6 years and I don't want to sign up with another carrier because I think tmo has the best price plan around. I'm almost convinced though that for all the early adopters who purchased this N1 are guinea pigs of google. I just hope that a second patch software update will fix this ongoing 3g issue. Otherwise, the phone is great overall.

Las Vegas here too (Summerlin actually).. Bought my N1 and just hooked up with AT&T and with just being on the Edge I have a solid 4 bars (really wish that they can do a firmware to make these N1 get 3G with AT&T).. would have gone with Tmo BUT the only phone my wife liked was at AT&T (so we have a family plan with her Mom on it).

I work at the airport and did a call today next to the plane (MD-80) and she could not hear the engine sound of the plane (was under a wing). But so far I really enjoy the N1 and I know I will get alot of use outa it.

Quote Originally Posted by JREZ View Post
    That sux. I've had my phone for 5 days now, and my service is pretty good at my house. We are kinda neighbors fyi(Lakewood).
    well... i haven't sent it out yet. i did call HTC and started a ticket number so they will e-mail me a prepaid package label good for 8 days so i have that much time to decide but technically i have about 20 days roughly to decide to send it back (30 days in Cali). t-mo customer service have been great in trying to resolve my issue. their pricing is by far the least expensive compared to big red but i still at least wanna give t-mo a chance. signal bars fluctuate from two-three bars to literally no signal but right now its holding steady at 2 bars from where i'm at (in front of comp). gonna call t-mo again to see what they can do. wish me luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, if at your house, you're getting bad service, you should probably switch. I just came from verizon using a i760 and I feel like I'm in heaven with this. All week, I've been streaming pandora to my car via Bluetooth while driving and never experienced a hiccup yet. Just today though, I sat on a couch I barely sit on and saw the edge "E" for the first time. After I moved away from it, the 3G came back on. Weird.

I'd probably move to a new house.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I'd probably move to a new house.
    THAT'S the spirit!
    moving to another house not on the agenda anytime soon... i was looking at the coverage map for t-mo and noticed that my area is listed as "fair" signal compared to the rest of my neighborhood listed as "best"... hmmm. what to do? what to do? tough decision...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links