Google Voice on AT&T

This is a discussion on Google Voice on AT&T within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I live in Canada and am currently on the Rogers AT&T network. I'm wondering if any of the AT&T users have had problems using Google ...

Thread: Google Voice on AT&T

Google Voice on AT&T

I live in Canada and am currently on the Rogers AT&T network. I'm wondering if any of the AT&T users have had problems using Google Voice on AT&T. The rep I talked to about removing my Text and Voicemail plans to save money and use the free Google Voice instead said that I might want to wait because sometimes carriers will lock out apps like that and force you to pay for their own usage plans.

Has this happened to anybody? Is it even possible for them to do that?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted View Post
    I live in Canada and am currently on the Rogers AT&T network. I'm wondering if any of the AT&T users have had problems using Google Voice on AT&T. The rep I talked to about removing my Text and Voicemail plans to save money and use the free Google Voice instead said that I might want to wait because sometimes carriers will lock out apps like that and force you to pay for their own usage plans.

Has this happened to anybody? Is it even possible for them to do that to an unlocked phone?
    not sure but I think I read somewhere that voice may not always be free. I for one can't say whether I even like voice. The speech to text is not real accurate and the quality of the voicemail is behind t-mobiles.....i might just switch back to my carriers service?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links