Can't read/write to microSD card

This is a discussion on Can't read/write to microSD card within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hi all, I connected my Nexus One to my Windows XP laptop. It appears as a drive E: but I'm unable to read it, much ...

Thread: Can't read/write to microSD card

Can't read/write to microSD card

hi all,

I connected my Nexus One to my Windows XP laptop. It appears as a drive E: but I'm unable to read it, much less write to it? I believe a saw a pop-up the first time i connected it (was that the Mount prompt?). I no longer get a pop-up now when i connect to the USB port.

Any advice would be appreciated!

p.S. also, just to make sure i could write to the card, i copied my 1000 contacts to the card, yet the diagnostic tool says the card is still 99% empty! what goes?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

when connected it should give you the option to mount the SD card to the computer. You can also check the settings under SD Card and Phone Storage when it's connected.
    Rooted Nexus One

Connect it to your PC then where you get notifications on your phone, drag that down and select the notification that indicates your phone is connected to the PC. Then select 'mount card's or something like that.

Make sure you turn off the card through the same notification when you're done too.

Ok - will try that. Thanks guys!

-jake

microSD card - part 2

BTW, i formatted the card on the phone and ended up deleting all the songs that came with the T-Mobile SD card. Hope they weren't worth keeping.. :-(

Another question: can you control what gets stored on the phone and on the microSD card? For examples, do photos get stored on the card? I know that apps don't get stored on the card, so what does?

Thanks in advance!
    -jake

Quote Originally Posted by jakeqT View Post
    BTW, i formatted the card on the phone and ended up deleting all the songs that came with the T-Mobile SD card. Hope they weren't worth keeping.. :-(

Another question: can you control what gets stored on the phone and on the microSD card? For examples, do photos get stored on the card? I know that apps don't get stored on the card, so what does?

Thanks in advance!
    -jake
    You don't have to format the SD card. I think photos and stuff are already set to copy to the card.

Yes, I found that out. I eventually deleted the songs that came with from T-Mobile.

My question is - what gets stored on the microSD card (unless manually placed there?) Do photos get stored on the card?

-jake

Quote Originally Posted by jakeqT View Post
    Yes, I found that out. I eventually deleted the songs that came with from T-Mobile.

My question is - what gets stored on the microSD card (unless manually placed there?) Do photos get stored on the card?

-jake
    I believe everthing gets stored on the card, except for market apps.

ok thanks.

There are several file manager apps that will allow you to see and manage what is on the SDHC card. I use ES File Manager, which also enables you to use WiFi to transfer files to/from computers on your local network.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links