How often does it sync?

This is a discussion on How often does it sync? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey! If I have automatic sync on (gmail, faceb etc) how often does my phone update? Are there settings for this? Once an hour would ...

Thread: How often does it sync?

How often does it sync?

Hey!

If I have automatic sync on (gmail, faceb etc) how often does my phone update? Are there settings for this? Once an hour would be fine for instance..

Does the sync steal a lot of battery?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    Hey!

If I have automatic sync on (gmail, faceb etc) how often does my phone update? Are there settings for this? Once an hour would be fine for instance..

Does the sync steal a lot of battery?

Thanks!
    On Facebook or default email client, or any other application that requires you to check for updates, you have the ability to set the frequency for refresh, sync, or check email. Gmail, on the other hand, has push mail capability which means that as soon as email hits the server, it will be sent "pushed" to your device automatically. Thus you do not waste battery life "checking" every 15 minutes or however many minutes you set.

Ok, thanks! But what about the picasa gallery and the google calendar. Are these also being "pushed"?

Last question: When are e-mails being pushed? When I am logged in on gmail.com thru a computer it seems that I don't get a notification even though my gmail-window is closed!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    Ok, thanks! But what about the picasa gallery and the google calendar. Are these also being "pushed"?

Last question: When are e-mails being pushed? When I am logged in on gmail.com thru a computer it seems that I don't get a notification even though my gmail-window is closed!
    With picasa, as soon as you upload it to the site, and you go to your gallery, it will be there. my experience, a blurry version comes in first, then once it is fully 'synced' it will become clearer. Needs time depending on how fast your dl speed is. Calendar and Contacts too. Everytime I make update on either, it shows up right away, whether changes made on device will show up on computer, or vice versa, changes made on computer shows immediately on device.

So if you change some pictures on picasaweb on your computer it syncs instantly on your phone??

I changed some pictures on my picasa three two ago and still no change on my phone. I know that if I do the sync automatically, then it will work, but that's not the point.....
    (auto-sync is on)

Ads