Battery life seems horrid?

This is a discussion on Battery life seems horrid? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Danielson88... how do you get your phone to 2g settings? or is this just EDGE and im just dumb?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery life seems horrid?

Danielson88... how do you get your phone to 2g settings? or is this just EDGE and im just dumb?

2G is the edge setting. I'm a coach for an afterschool program so I can't be on the phone much, but yesterday my unplugged phone life was 13h 45min. Hope your phone lasts

If ur someone like me who fiddles with the phone @ any opportunity given & likes keeping wifi & 3g on, turn off the display light completely & you will notice battery life drains a little bit slower.

hmmm, my phone lasts me all day after heavy usage. i'm usually at around 20% left when i plug it in at night at around 3 in the morning. and i have 3g on all day and what not...
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

Guys, help me please with this one... Mine lasts for approx. 15 hours. Battery info says it's "Mediaserver" that takes 50%+... I thought this component is for streaming music and such, but I don't use anything like that, no Youtube, no Pandora etc... What could cause this? I even set the news widget to update only like every 6 hours -didn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    hmmm, my phone lasts me all day after heavy usage. i'm usually at around 20% left when i plug it in at night at around 3 in the morning. and i have 3g on all day and what not...
    you have a OEM battery ? do you have live wall papers?

My battery life is very well. I keep my phone on the charger all night (always do that to my cell phones/mp3 players etc etc) and unplug it to go to work (McCarren Airport here in Las Vegas) at 4am..

I use living wallpaper (Earthrot).. listen to some music when i park my car and go thru all the security to get to the company I work for.. and some music while at work.

Since I go thru AT&T I have it set to just use 2G/Edge. Wifi off.. GPS on. Txt off and on with the wife (keep telling her she can call me since both phones are on at&t..uggh).. Show the phone off to people.. take a few Pics now and then.. updates on weather/news etc etc. Sometimes like to use the Nav to get home cause i like the fuction (Pffttt at&t, I dont need to pay your silly fee for nav.)

By the time I get home my battery is usual 50%-53% gone. I guess if I went to a normal backgound and turned off Gps etc etc I would think I could get a good 1 1/2 to 2 days use off one charge (thats pushing it).

Maybe some have gotten a bad battery.. then others have everything turned on full blast and then say 'my battery dies in 4 hrs use' or they dont read the pdf book about it (over 300 pages).

No Slacker, absolutely no streaming music or video. The news and weather widget and gmail are the only things that are allowed to refresh automatically -and the news widget can do that every 6 hours (can't find the settings for gmail)... BlueRSS and Reddit is fun are set up but not allowed to refresh automatically. I don't even use Gtalk or voice search (though their services are running)... Really don't know WTF is using Mediaserver so much... Is there an app to find that out?

Smile

OK now I feel stupid. Before posting here I checked here of course, but since N1 does not have (by default) a wake time counter, I thought that problem happens only with some other versions/phones.

Then I found some information about the Mediaserver actually handling the connections of the SMS app as well... So I thought I give the Spare Parts app a try, that shows you not only your uptime as the default battery information, but also your wake time (% of running vs sleeping since last unplugged). Sure enough, I had a 100% wake time...................... So I followed the instructions under the link above (the one going to nexusonetalks.com) and now it seems like everything's fine.

Moral of the story: if Mediaserver is eating up your battery, follow the link above and check if you have this bug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links