Battery life seems horrid?

This is a discussion on Battery life seems horrid? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey Guys, I've lurked on many boards occasionally and have read about people getting 8-10 hours of use. I'm not getting anything like that... I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery life seems horrid?

Battery life seems horrid?

Hey Guys,

I've lurked on many boards occasionally and have read about people getting 8-10 hours of use.

I'm not getting anything like that... I have live wallpaper on, bluetooth, screen auto adjust (lighting -but I also don't have the screen lit often).

I get to work, turn on pandora and run... I do peek at facebook once an hour or so.

I took it off the charger at 7am, turned pandora on at 8am and at 11am I was at 30% battery remaining??

Seems ridiculous.

Thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go to Settings --> About Phone --> Battery Usage to see whats using up your battery.

lord, facebook is saying 51%... I uploaded 10 pics this morning but it didn't take that long...

Display is 38%

Just had appkiller axe it.

Today was extreme but typically running Pandora at the office all day I'm down to about 20% by 5PM. I've heard others get much better life? It'd be nice to really not need to charge until the evening.

I haven't been THAT unhappy with it but today was bad. I'm thinking one of my facebook uploads may have somehow hung?

Yeah my battery runs out too damn fast!

Quote Originally Posted by worthington View Post
    lord, facebook is saying 51%... I uploaded 10 pics this morning but it didn't take that long...

Display is 38%

Just had appkiller axe it.

Today was extreme but typically running Pandora at the office all day I'm down to about 20% by 5PM. I've heard others get much better life? It'd be nice to really not need to charge until the evening.

I haven't been THAT unhappy with it but today was bad. I'm thinking one of my facebook uploads may have somehow hung?
    Battery drained out today fast too. Took it off charger at 7:30, and by 11:30 I was 50%!!!!! By 2:00 I was dead. BTW that was my spare generic battery I bought from eBay, so it could be the battery's fault. Put the OEM HTC battery in, and at 7:43 pm I'm still at 80%. Hmmm... I'm thinking I got a bad battery... That sucks...

Junior Member Nick Found Gloryx's Avatar
    I don't know, yesterday i got 12 hours out of the battery today, 10ish

I manage to get it going for a full day (24 hours) with around 8-10hrs of use. This includes surfing on wifi, listening to music, a bit of gaming, calling, messaging, and just looking at my beautiful phone every now and then during the day. It seems ok to me...

Having 3G on will ruin your day.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Having 3G on will ruin your day.
    Absolutely true!!!

" Just had appkiller axe it."

I dont know if this is a seperate application for the nexus one, but we on tmobile have this service built in. Just go under Settings - Application - and Running Services to turn things off. I often check this maybe once every other hour.

But other than unnecessary apps, this phone is very advanced and even with 6 hours of usage on and off music/facebook seems pretty decend. Im used of having a phone where I could charge it at any time of the % cycle. But with the NexusOne i like to kill the battery before i fully charge it.

Also I turn it off for a minute or so every other day. Is this harmful? Also i have the 2G wireless settings so I know that helps my phone last the full 12 hours of my day. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links