Android Market - How To Pay?

This is a discussion on Android Market - How To Pay? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; At this point, I think I'm screwed. I've been to the US twice since I bought the N1 and can't see paid apps when I'm ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Android Market - How To Pay?

At this point, I think I'm screwed. I've been to the US twice since I bought the N1 and can't see paid apps when I'm over there. I'm thinking of resetting it next time I'm there and starting from scratch with a US IP address initially and see if that at least unlocks paid apps while I'm there (which I am at least once a month).

Otherwise, we're down to approaching the individual developer and seeing it we can buy the apps outside the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken.Pascoe View Post
    At this point, I think I'm screwed. I've been to the US twice since I bought the N1 and can't see paid apps when I'm over there. I'm thinking of resetting it next time I'm there and starting from scratch with a US IP address initially and see if that at least unlocks paid apps while I'm there (which I am at least once a month).

Otherwise, we're down to approaching the individual developer and seeing it we can buy the apps outside the app store.
    Things that I've found out so far, this problem is not on us. google's trying to fix this things out resource said.

And 1 more tip, your credit card can be blocked by google check out system without any reason. then you can't see the paid app deck.
    In this case, remove your malfunctioning credit card in the checkout page then paid app will be back on the deck.

Hmm. To elminate - is there a way of knowing in advance of there's a problem with my card? The one stored at google was used successfully to buy a spare battery early march. I can't see there'd be a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken.Pascoe View Post
    Hmm. To elminate - is there a way of knowing in advance of there's a problem with my card? The one stored at google was used successfully to buy a spare battery early march. I can't see there'd be a problem with it.
    Well.. but, you'd better double check in the checkout page. if it's ok, country issue is the reason I guess.
    I am not sure but, SID of every handset was originally decided by country no matter where you use at. I mean whether you're in the US, your phone doesn't follow the android US market rule.. I guess.

SID of every handset was originally decided by country no matter where you use at.
    Not quite sure what this means. I bought my N1 direct from google in the states, collected it in the states while I was there. I was in Sydney when I first activated it though ...

I have discovered Market Enabler and now use that to show paid apps. Have not purchased any yet, but the paid apps list is now there.

The issue is 100% about the country you're sim card is registered to, not where you are at any point in time. I live in Dublin, Ireland and with my Irish sim can only see free apps whatever country I'm in. My wife works in Northern Ireland (UK) and so has a UK sim for when she's up there. When I put it in my phone I can see all apps, including paid ones, even when I'm in Dublin. To see and buy apps, find yourself a sim card from one of original four countries.

There may be other reasons but this works for me.

I believe that you must have a SIM from a carrier which is associated with Android

In the US, apparently only T-Mobile customers can use the Paid Store...is this true?

Market Enabler

Solved for now with Market Enabler:

market-enabler - Project Hosting on Google Code

Ken

Hi Ken. How did u install the market enabler? I doesn't say on their website. I downloaded the link and then nothing happens. On my PC it sends me to another website. Pls give me a guide on what I need to do. I am using the Dolphin Browser. ....could that be a problem?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links