Android Market - How To Pay?

This is a discussion on Android Market - How To Pay? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It's all a bit hazy now - it was a strange process. I downloaded a HTML file, (which I peeked at first, it was benign) ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Android Market - How To Pay?

It's all a bit hazy now - it was a strange process.

I downloaded a HTML file, (which I peeked at first, it was benign) which I then opened in Dolphin. The html file contained a brief message and a link, to which it jumped. I think I then downloaded and installed the file. Hey Presto, paid apps - on AppBrain as well.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken.Pascoe View Post
    It's all a bit hazy now - it was a strange process.

I downloaded a HTML file, (which I peeked at first, it was benign) which I then opened in Dolphin. The html file contained a brief message and a link, to which it jumped. I think I then downloaded and installed the file. Hey Presto, paid apps - on AppBrain as well.

Ken
    Thanks Ken. It doesn't work for me. I clicked on the link you gave, It went to the google code page. I clicked download and clicked on the html link. That link says "the browser is unable to open"...or something like that. Thanks anyway.

Surprised PayPal isn't an option. That's the only way I pay for things online now. I don't want to be giving my home address to websites online when they're not delivering anything to me by postal mail.

No biggie, all the apps I've wanted so far have been free. There isn't a single paid app that I want yet. The time will come I guess.

I wonder if google checkout allows paypal as the funding source.

Edit: Nope, it's cards and full address only. No thanks google - get a paypal funding option and I'm there buying paid apps all day long.

I'm from the US but living/working in Singapore.

I discovered today that by inserting my old Cingular (now AT&T) SIM card from the US -- the card is inactive and doesn't connect to any networks -- I can actually see paid apps via wifi at home!

So maybe you guys can just buy old/used/prepaid US or UK SIM cards and stick them in your N1s.

And not to mention access to free 18+ games (for mature audiences). It's sad how much of the Market you're restricted to when you're not US- or UK-based.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links