Who else hates apple?

This is a discussion on Who else hates apple? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i think its all a stupid publicity stunt...these patents are very general and there is no way any of this crap will hold up in ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who else hates apple?

i think its all a stupid publicity stunt...these patents are very general and there is no way any of this crap will hold up in court. plus im sure HTC has a whole bunch of **** on their own that they can counter Apple with considering they have been around for 13 years...
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Hmmm I'm going to have to keep an eye on this. IMHO Steve Jobs can DIACF.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    They can't just patent everything. If this delays the supposed march 23rd nexus one verizon release date i'll be pissed. Apple took stuff from other phone companies too. Apples gay
    I really hope this isn't the case. I have been annoyingly patient for the release of the nexus one on verizon.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...tc-could-mean/ quotes, "Apple has a bigger strategy at work here. It filed its suit with the United States District Court in Delaware, but also with the United States International Trade Commission, and it could ask the commission to halt shipments of infringing HTC phones that are coming into the United States."

They can't just patent everything.
    Yes they can. If they developed it, it's theirs. That means HTC has to pay to be allowed to use their patents.

Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    The phone in specific is becoming obsolete because of devices running android which is gaining a huge percent of the market share fast. It is really annoying that this is how they face adversity. To me it is really showing that they are not creative enough to produce and innovative product to keep up with everyone else.

On the contrary, iPhone is not obsolete at all.
    Selling 8000 units (if I remember correctly) in the first month for N1 is hardly considered a success.
    HTC has tens of phones and none of them share the success of the iPhone yet.

They don't really have to keep up with anybody as you claim, because everybody else is trying to catch up with Apple and their iPhone.

Just read all those topic on this forum and many others in which the N1 is being compared to the iPhone. What is the reason there? iPhone set the benchmark in cell phones. Everything else is measured against it.

Everybody wants to better the iPhone, none have succeeded so far.

Don't be frustrated because you didn't get the iPhone. Make the best of your experience with your N1.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    The phone in specific is becoming obsolete because of devices running android which is gaining a huge percent of the market share fast. It is really annoying that this is how they face adversity. To me it is really showing that they are not creative enough to produce and innovative product to keep up with everyone else.

On the contrary, iPhone is not obsolete at all.
    Selling 8000 units (if I remember correctly) in the first month for N1 is hardly considered a success.
    HTC has tens of phones and none of them share the success of the iPhone yet.

They don't really have to keep up with anybody as you claim, because everybody else is trying to catch up with Apple and their iPhone.

Just read all those topic on this forum and many others in which the N1 is being compared to the iPhone. What is the reason there? iPhone set the benchmark in cell phones. Everything else is measured against it.

Everybody wants to better the iPhone, none have succeeded so far.

Don't be frustrated because you didn't get the iPhone. Make the best of your experience with your N1.
    haha im sorry what exactly is your purpose and involvement on these forums?
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    They can't just patent everything.
    Yes they can. If they developed it, it's theirs. That means HTC has to pay to be allowed to use their patents.

only originality should be able to be patented, a gesture to unlock is nothing close to patent worthy. pinch to zoom is questionable, but multi-touch is not and thats what they have the patent for. It will never hold up in court, its much easier to get a patent than it is to collect on that patent. Hell someone just got a patent on icons on computers and they had nothing to do with them.

I don't hate Apple, but the suit is appalling. I know Apple gets sued for things and they defend themselves. They also need to protect their intellectual property, but this suit just seems lame. I don't know if what they have will hold up in court, but I would be really pissed if Apple won and killed Android handsets in the US. At least maybe this means that Android is a threat to them, and I do see Android's popularity rising.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Apple was bearable untill they realeased the ipad, piece of crap is what i call it,
    its just a massive ipod touch, wtf? i cant believe their trying to market that, AND ITS WORKING, have you seen the video of them releasing it? they dont show any special features,

Touch screen? good, and then they go on about that for 20min
    Apps? bla bla bla

Nothing new, just bigger

I'm thinking Steve Jobs is getting scared that ppl are going to find out they dont have to put up with his BS and pay $100 for a GPS app on a dated phone. His latest great MIND BLOWING product the iPad, the butt of more than just a few jokes, is nothing more than a blown up version of the iPhone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links