Who else hates apple?

This is a discussion on Who else hates apple? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by d1mitrov Originally Posted by dixy2k Originally Posted by roush611 The phone in specific is becoming obsolete because of devices running android which ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Who else hates apple?

  1. #21
    Senior Member dixy2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    The phone in specific is becoming obsolete because of devices running android which is gaining a huge percent of the market share fast. It is really annoying that this is how they face adversity. To me it is really showing that they are not creative enough to produce and innovative product to keep up with everyone else.

    On the contrary, iPhone is not obsolete at all.
    Selling 8000 units (if I remember correctly) in the first month for N1 is hardly considered a success.
    HTC has tens of phones and none of them share the success of the iPhone yet.

    They don't really have to keep up with anybody as you claim, because everybody else is trying to catch up with Apple and their iPhone.

    Just read all those topic on this forum and many others in which the N1 is being compared to the iPhone. What is the reason there? iPhone set the benchmark in cell phones. Everything else is measured against it.

    Everybody wants to better the iPhone, none have succeeded so far.

    Don't be frustrated because you didn't get the iPhone. Make the best of your experience with your N1.
    haha im sorry what exactly is your purpose and involvement on these forums?

    Just trying to be balanced.
    I didn't create any of the problems N1 has, nor did I make anything bad about the iPhone. I'm just a consumer.

  2. #22
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    LOL...I read this thread as "Who else ate apples."
    Need to refill my coffee.

  3. #23
    Senior Member thomaslkuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Apple was bearable untill they realeased the ipad, piece of crap is what i call it,
    its just a massive ipod touch, wtf? i cant believe their trying to market that, AND ITS WORKING, have you seen the video of them releasing it? they dont show any special features,

    Touch screen? good, and then they go on about that for 20min
    Apps? bla bla bla

    Nothing new, just bigger
    Someone said, next thing you know, people will be walking around holding a big touch screen to their faces in the airport talking on it.

  4. #24
    Junior Member roush611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    The phone in specific is becoming obsolete because of devices running android which is gaining a huge percent of the market share fast. It is really annoying that this is how they face adversity. To me it is really showing that they are not creative enough to produce and innovative product to keep up with everyone else.

    On the contrary, iPhone is not obsolete at all.
    Selling 8000 units (if I remember correctly) in the first month for N1 is hardly considered a success.
    HTC has tens of phones and none of them share the success of the iPhone yet.

    They don't really have to keep up with anybody as you claim, because everybody else is trying to catch up with Apple and their iPhone.

    Just read all those topic on this forum and many others in which the N1 is being compared to the iPhone. What is the reason there? iPhone set the benchmark in cell phones. Everything else is measured against it.

    Everybody wants to better the iPhone, none have succeeded so far.

    Don't be frustrated because you didn't get the iPhone. Make the best of your experience with your N1.
    Let me see you multi task on the iPhone... Let me see you run widgets on the iPhone... Let me see the 5mp camera w/ flash... shoot let me see you make a quality call on the iPhone without dropping the call. I am speaking from experience I have had the iPhone and I am glad there are a million apps, but the phone is a toy and it stops there. The only thing that "phone" stands for these days is a status symbol. There are many devices out right now that are far superior to the iPhone. Yes apple did a good job of marketing their product it does not mean that it is a great device. And I didnt say the N1 in specific is gaining market share, I said android. I am sure there is an app that will show you that... oh wait apple banned the word android from their app market. So my point stands apple is starting to shake in their boots right now.

  5. #25
    Senior Member thomaslkuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    The phone in specific is becoming obsolete because of devices running android which is gaining a huge percent of the market share fast. It is really annoying that this is how they face adversity. To me it is really showing that they are not creative enough to produce and innovative product to keep up with everyone else.

    On the contrary, iPhone is not obsolete at all.
    Selling 8000 units (if I remember correctly) in the first month for N1 is hardly considered a success.
    HTC has tens of phones and none of them share the success of the iPhone yet.

    They don't really have to keep up with anybody as you claim, because everybody else is trying to catch up with Apple and their iPhone.

    Just read all those topic on this forum and many others in which the N1 is being compared to the iPhone. What is the reason there? iPhone set the benchmark in cell phones. Everything else is measured against it.

    Everybody wants to better the iPhone, none have succeeded so far.

    Don't be frustrated because you didn't get the iPhone. Make the best of your experience with your N1.
    Let me see you multi task on the iPhone... Let me see you run widgets on the iPhone... Let me see the 5mp camera w/ flash... shoot let me see you make a quality call on the iPhone without dropping the call. I am speaking from experience I have had the iPhone and I am glad there are a million apps, but the phone is a toy and it stops there. The only thing that "phone" stands for these days is a status symbol. There are many devices out right now that are far superior to the iPhone. Yes apple did a good job of marketing their product it does not mean that it is a great device. And I didnt say the N1 in specific is gaining market share, I said android. I am sure there is an app that will show you that... oh wait apple banned the word android from their app market. So my point stands apple is starting to shake in their boots right now.
    Keep in mind that Steve Jobs likes the book 1984 by George Orwell, that's why he used that metaphor of the IBM automatons in his classic commercial in 1984 for his introduction of the Mac.

    Now the role is reversed and he has built a legion of automatons that are Iphone users. And he has everyone believing that he has invented all these cool gadgets like he led everyone to believe that the GUI on the Mac was invented by Apple. It WASN't! He copies other people's technologies just like everyone else, except this time he has a bigger market share and is afraid of losing the war again like he did to Windows!

  6. #26
    Senior Member dixy2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
    The phone in specific is becoming obsolete because of devices running android which is gaining a huge percent of the market share fast. It is really annoying that this is how they face adversity. To me it is really showing that they are not creative enough to produce and innovative product to keep up with everyone else.

    On the contrary, iPhone is not obsolete at all.
    Selling 8000 units (if I remember correctly) in the first month for N1 is hardly considered a success.
    HTC has tens of phones and none of them share the success of the iPhone yet.

    They don't really have to keep up with anybody as you claim, because everybody else is trying to catch up with Apple and their iPhone.

    Just read all those topic on this forum and many others in which the N1 is being compared to the iPhone. What is the reason there? iPhone set the benchmark in cell phones. Everything else is measured against it.

    Everybody wants to better the iPhone, none have succeeded so far.

    Don't be frustrated because you didn't get the iPhone. Make the best of your experience with your N1.
    Let me see you multi task on the iPhone... Let me see you run widgets on the iPhone... Let me see the 5mp camera w/ flash... shoot let me see you make a quality call on the iPhone without dropping the call. I am speaking from experience I have had the iPhone and I am glad there are a million apps, but the phone is a toy and it stops there. The only thing that "phone" stands for these days is a status symbol. There are many devices out right now that are far superior to the iPhone. Yes apple did a good job of marketing their product it does not mean that it is a great device. And I didnt say the N1 in specific is gaining market share, I said android. I am sure there is an app that will show you that... oh wait apple banned the word android from their app market. So my point stands apple is starting to shake in their boots right now.

    It doesn't bother me a bit because I can't run apps in the background. I can always go back to them.

    I don't need widgets on my phone. I don't even use them on my computer.

    While the 3.2MP camera may seem too small of a number on the paper, in reality it works beautifully. You only need a large amount of pixels to print large pictures. I have an old Motorola with only 1.2MP camera. It takes wonderful pictures.

    I have yet to drop a call on AT&T on my iPhone.

    As for status... I don't know about that issue. It used to be 2-3 years ago, not anymore with so many out there. When everybody's got it, it's not a status thing anymore.

    The iPhone made it possible for other phones to come out with similar technology. It is only natural that others will try to surpass Apple for the sake of progress.
    As you know there will be a 4th gen iPhone too.

  7. #27
    Senior Member d1mitrov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    339
    oh and another point Android is the faster growing app market although not the fastest Android fastest growing application store? Not so fast... | PreCentral.net
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

  8. #28
    Senior Member dixy2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    288
    check this out (from an app dev):

    "While I hate to agree on something Apple doing right, I must stay their closed platform way of doing things is bringing it much success. I think with all those phones Android has, and all the phones WinMo has, it’s diluting the market and not one handset can stand out and become the God phone. Google tried to push Nexus and had little success because HTC has a similar but better version coming out right after. That’s problem number one. The other is, I agree that with the multiple configurations each other phone has, it becomes increasing difficult to program for such. I think this [lack of this] attributes to the amount of developers and therefore amount of apps on the App Store. It’s so easy, a caveman can do it. Developers don’t have to worry about varying resolutions, buttons, etc…just imagine how difficult it is to think of a UI/UX for a phone that may or may not have hard buttons. Sure it could be done, but who the hell wants to worry about that, especially when the App Store has greater market share. What I like to see be done is something that I think Microsoft is going to do - not produce one phone, but set forth a standard in which the phone must meet (i.e set number of buttons, etc). This will make developing for their product much more appealing."

    Sean Kovacs Apple, Please Ignore Me

  9. #29
    Member bav1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    54
    I mentioned this news to the admin but, I guess I was late.

    My friend - who is a Iphone owner - jokingly told me I would have to use my N1 as a paper weight soon because, that's all it would be good for. I wasn't sure why he was telling me that until he told me about this lawsuit.

    I don't hate Apple but, I would hate it if they halted delivery to the U.S. of the Andriod phones because of this lawsuit, that would suck. I hope they can reach a settlement before it gets that far.

    I think it's always good/cool to have something different.

  10. #30
    Senior Member d1mitrov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    check this out (from an app dev):

    "While I hate to agree on something Apple doing right, I must stay their closed platform way of doing things is bringing it much success. I think with all those phones Android has, and all the phones WinMo has, it’s diluting the market and not one handset can stand out and become the God phone. Google tried to push Nexus and had little success because HTC has a similar but better version coming out right after. That’s problem number one. The other is, I agree that with the multiple configurations each other phone has, it becomes increasing difficult to program for such. I think this [lack of this] attributes to the amount of developers and therefore amount of apps on the App Store. It’s so easy, a caveman can do it. Developers don’t have to worry about varying resolutions, buttons, etc…just imagine how difficult it is to think of a UI/UX for a phone that may or may not have hard buttons. Sure it could be done, but who the hell wants to worry about that, especially when the App Store has greater market share. What I like to see be done is something that I think Microsoft is going to do - not produce one phone, but set forth a standard in which the phone must meet (i.e set number of buttons, etc). This will make developing for their product much more appealing."

    Sean Kovacs Apple, Please Ignore Me
    again that is personal opinion and thats fine. the question is again if you think the iphone is better and is infact your phone of choice why are you so involved on an android forum?!

    p.s android is giving all devs that have an app on the market with a 3.5 or better rating a free nexus1 or droid. that oughta be motivating enough for them to make good apps dont you think? coupled with such a fast growing market(3000 per month) i really dont think Android has a problem in that aspect.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

who else hates imac

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum