Saving apps to sd card

This is a discussion on Saving apps to sd card within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Anyone read or heard anything more on whether the option to save apps to the sd card will be coming out in a software update? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving apps to sd card

Saving apps to sd card

Anyone read or heard anything more on whether the option to save apps to the sd card will be coming out in a software update? Also, I remember someone saying that because the apps are at our fingertips, it shouldn't be an issue as you can delete the app and reinstall if you want. What if you delete an app with info you've input? I'm assuming that I would be deleting all of that data also.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Google did say they'll be looking at it, although what the outcome will be is anyone's guess.

Glad I didn't install this already, my SD card failed yesterday & all I lost was access to my music & videos (backed up). If all my apps were loaded on the SD card I would now have a very limited device.

I am hopeful that this is not a common issue on N1 (failed SD) as the card still works in my SE X1 quite happily.

Talking

Wow...
    It will be Great if apps are able to save in the SD card
    I return my Nexus One to my local service center for dust under screen issue and my phone will be set to factory setting that's mean all apps will be deleted when I get my Nexus One back...
    How painful is that
    Google... Please give us the privilege

Quote Originally Posted by yao86 View Post
    Wow...
    It will be Great if apps are able to save in the SD card
    I return my Nexus One to my local service center for dust under screen issue and my phone will be set to factory setting that's mean all apps will be deleted after I get my Nexus One back...
    How painful is that
    Google... Please give us the privilege
    When you get your phone back, go to the market ---> downloads. All your apps will be there. You just have to reinstall them.

Question

[/quote]
    When you get your phone back, go to the market ---> downloads. All your apps will be there. You just have to reinstall them.[/QUOTE]

Hi iPhoneSlayer, you mean I will find all my apps automatically in the apps market that last time I downloaded to my Nexus One?

When you get your phone back, go to the market ---> downloads. All your apps will be there. You just have to reinstall them.[/QUOTE]

Hi iPhoneSlayer, you mean I will find all my apps automatically in the apps market that last time I downloaded to my Nexus One?[/QUOTE]
    Yep. They follow you. Even the paid apps. They are yours and you can uninstall/reinstall them whenever you want without having to pay for them again.
    Your apps will be in the market and you just have to reinstall them. Cool, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    When you get your phone back, go to the market ---> downloads. All your apps will be there. You just have to reinstall them.
    Hi iPhoneSlayer, you mean I will find all my apps automatically in the apps market that last time I downloaded to my Nexus One?[/QUOTE]
    Yep. They follow you. Even the paid apps. They are yours and you can uninstall/reinstall them whenever you want without having to pay for them again.
    Your apps will be in the market and you just have to reinstall them. Cool, huh?[/QUOTE]

Wow... Cool.....
    Now I know
    Thanks for the advice, iPhoneSlayer

Hi iPhoneSlayer, you mean I will find all my apps automatically in the apps market that last time I downloaded to my Nexus One?
    Your apps will be in the market and you just have to reinstall them. Cool, huh?[/QUOTE]

Wow... Cool.....
    Now I know
    Thanks for the advice, iPhoneSlayer [/QUOTE]

And if you checked the save settings on your gmail account, then everything is saved including your Wifi WEP password if you have it, and apps, not only in your downloads in market, it will actually even populate in your app menu. I took it back to factory default a couple of times cause I was trying out every free app out there and kinda made N1 start to act up. hehe.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Your apps will be in the market and you just have to reinstall them. Cool, huh?
    Wow... Cool.....
    Now I know
    Thanks for the advice, iPhoneSlayer [/QUOTE]

And if you checked the save settings on your gmail account, then everything is saved including your Wifi WEP password if you have it, and apps, not only in your downloads in market, it will actually even populate in your app menu. I took it back to factory default a couple of times cause I was trying out every free app out there and kinda made N1 start to act up. hehe.[/QUOTE]

Wah... Nice.....
    The Nexus One really save up so much trouble for us
    It's so user friendly
    Thanks for the information thomaslkuo!
    Cheers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links