Impartial Opinion: iPhone -> Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Impartial Opinion: iPhone -> Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I know this is a "nexus one" forum, so i don't expect 100% impartiality, while i would certainly appreciate it. So, I'm considering selling my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impartial Opinion: iPhone -> Nexus One?

Impartial Opinion: iPhone -> Nexus One?

I know this is a "nexus one" forum, so i don't expect 100% impartiality, while i would certainly appreciate it.

So, I'm considering selling my iPhone 3G, and going to the Nexus One.

Any comments about usage, applications, etc?

I'm mostly tired of the "unlocking" thing, i want the phone to be free.

But i also really like the integration windows+OSX+itunes+iphone, and the way the iPhone interface works (it is very natural).

Any other user here has done that, or currently have both phones?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kwanbis View Post
    I know this is a "nexus one" forum, so i don't expect 100% impartiality, while i would certainly appreciate it.

But i also really like the integration windows+OSX+itunes+iphone, and the way the iPhone interface works (it is very natural).

Thanks.
    I have never owned an iphone so I cannot compare them for you. However there have been several people on the board here who have switched and i believe if you scroll down through a few pages you will find their posts.

Thanks.

If you are staying on ATT I would say dont do it. If you are going to Tmobile I would say yes yes yes do it!!! I have had 2 iphones and while they are neat, I feel the functionality behind them lacks. Yes they are easy to sync up with iTunes but with the N1 you plug it in to your comp mount the sd card and click and drag. You never have to worry about adding things to iTunes then to your phone.

The huge difference between the two is that you can actually multitask on the N1 and run widgets and stuff like that. The battery life is ok, about the same as the iPhone. The screen far surpasses the iPhone. The web browsing on both the phones is about the same. The media experience is a bit more difficult on the N1 then the iPhone but its not horrible.

The iPhone is not quite as buggy as the N1 but it has also been out for quite a while. I am sure the OTA updates will take care of a lot of the bugs found in the N1.

Over all I like the N1 way better. It is a lot more sleak, has a bigger and better screen, better processor, can multi task and the call quality is much much better then the iPhone where the phone aspect was an after thought.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Actually, i want to use it on argentina

Actually, i want to use it on argentina
    One must first empty your cup of all expectation before you can be filled with all the joys of the Nexus... "Confucious said" Or was it confusion... Hmmm....

Don't get into this with the notion of comparison. Nexus has A LOT of GREAT attributes. But it IS a different phone IT IS THE NEXUS ONE! It's not an Iphone compatible, It's not a Iphone clone, It's NOT a BB. It is an Android Phone. That being said, you have to adjust to the Nexus One and you WILL LOVE IT!!

I obviously expect differences. I have decided and would do it

The only problem is that 3G does not works on my country on the nexus.

I obviously expect differences. I have decided and would do it

The only problem is that 3G does not works on my country on the nexus.

Whenever you have a active data session open people who call you will go straight to vmail. Data is prioritized over voice. It kinda stinks, I am running into that problem on ATT here in the states.

I would have no 3G, only EDGE, as 3G in argentina uses different band.

There's a lot of religion involved here, obviously, and there shouldn't be. It's simply a purchasing decision.

If you're in the USA, and are happy with AT&T contract price/performance, then the iPhone may be a good bet.

If you're not in the USA, or are not happy with being locked into an AT&T contract, the N1 may be a good idea. But in this case, you should look at possible support issues and your own competence/patience for being at the cutting edge.

This is obviously a changing landscape, so it's a good thing we're talking about buying what is basically a really fun toy.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Don't get into this with the notion of comparison. Nexus has A LOT of GREAT attributes. But it IS a different phone IT IS THE NEXUS ONE! It's not an Iphone compatible, It's not a Iphone clone, It's NOT a BB. It is an Android Phone. That being said, you have to adjust to the Nexus One and you WILL LOVE IT!!
    Amen! It's almost like asking "Should I wear a green or red tie?" (geez I think I just gave my age away... but that aside).
    The answer to that is
    1) Whichever you prefer
    2) Whichever suits your taste, other clothes and mood

There simply is no good answer to the questions "iPhone" vs "Nexus One"

I think they are both great
    My sigs keep getting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links