Highlighted predictive text has done missing

This is a discussion on Highlighted predictive text has done missing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there... I have only had this phone for a week, but somehow (I don't know how) when I type a text, the predictive text ...

Thread: Highlighted predictive text has done missing

Highlighted predictive text has done missing

Hi there... I have only had this phone for a week, but somehow (I don't know how) when I type a text, the predictive text used to highlight the word in the text bar it predicted then all you had to do press space bar and it chose that word for you - That's gone missing.

Does anyone know how I get it back?
    Thanks in advance.
    Trev

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Make sure that 'Show suggestions' is ticked in the keyboard settings.

Yeah that's already ticked in settings - Anything else?

Just found it - It's Auto-complete in Keyboard Settings -

Thanks Rusty for directing me to the settings where I found it :-)

Wayhey, well done :D

i have a similar issue, except when i type words that dont exist, it auto corrects for me and i want this to stop. i do like having the choices show up so that i can choose when i misspell, but hitting the spacebar sometimes automatically does this.

for example, i wanted to type Reska, but after hitting spacebar, it automatically updated to Tesla. i want to see it, but not have it done automatically, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    i have a similar issue, except when i type words that dont exist, it auto corrects for me and i want this to stop. i do like having the choices show up so that i can choose when i misspell, but hitting the spacebar sometimes automatically does this.

for example, i wanted to type Reska, but after hitting spacebar, it automatically updated to Tesla. i want to see it, but not have it done automatically, any suggestions?
    You can add words to the dictionary.
    Settings --> Language and Keyboard --> User Dictionary --> Settings --> Add

after typing the word, just long press it above the keyboard and it gets added to your dictionary (prior to hitting spacebar)

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

that annoyed me too, so i unchecked the "auto-complete" under settings...and that did the trick....

the only problem for me is that in portrait mode, i make way too many mistakes typing that i cant turn off auto complete. anyone else have issues with portrait? landscape is fine. i gotta say portrait on the iphone seems to be better, and ive only used it a handful of times. if google could update this, the phone would be perfect

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links