Set to Vibrate using lockscreen sound slider?

This is a discussion on Set to Vibrate using lockscreen sound slider? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've been trying to set the phone to just vibrate using just the sound slider on the lock screen, but every time I do it ...

Thread: Set to Vibrate using lockscreen sound slider?

Set to Vibrate using lockscreen sound slider?

I've been trying to set the phone to just vibrate using just the sound slider on the lock screen, but every time I do it switches off both sound and vibrate. So far the only way I've figured out how to do it is in the settings menu by selecting silent mode. Is there a way activate vibrate only using the slider? Or a better way than having to get in the settings menu every time?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Looks like I need to turn to google before posting . I found the answer to my question and it appears there isn't a way to set the phone to vibrate using the slider. Oh well. I did find out that you can use the volume down key to select vibrate only. Maybe there's an app in the market that will at least allow me to just press one button on the home screen to set vibrate mode.

Edited to Add:

I figured out how to set vibrate mode only using the slider! Download the app called "vibrate mode by force" and within the app select the option "Never silent". Then you can use the slider on the lock screen to turn off volume and it will enable vibrate only mode. You have to unlock the screen to turn volume back on, but once you unlock it press the volume up key once and the volume will return to its previous level.

Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    Looks like I need to turn to google before posting . I found the answer to my question and it appears there isn't a way to set the phone to vibrate using the slider. Oh well. I did find out that you can use the volume down key to select vibrate only. Maybe there's an app in the market that will at least allow me to just press one button on the home screen to set vibrate mode.

Edited to Add:

I figured out how to set vibrate mode only using the slider! Download the app called "vibrate mode by force" and within the app select the option "Never silent". Then you can use the slider on the lock screen to turn off volume and it will enable vibrate only mode. You have to unlock the screen to turn volume back on, but once you unlock it press the volume up key once and the volume will return to its previous level.
    I use SilentMode OnOff from the market, just create a shortcut into your home screen.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links