verizon nexus one

This is a discussion on verizon nexus one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; im sure that by now everyone has heard the rumor that the nexus one will be released on march 23rd on the verizon network. do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: verizon nexus one

verizon nexus one

im sure that by now everyone has heard the rumor that the nexus one will be released on march 23rd on the verizon network. do you guys think that the release date will be delayed due to the problems of multi-touch?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

YXB
    The Incredible and Nexus One are 2 different phones. The Nexus One could be delay due to the screen problem, and Verizon is famous for being very picky...

Red accented HTC Incredible & Nexus One being delayed by Verizon? (Phone Arena News)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YXB
    JThe HTC Incredible will be load it with all the verizon crap. The Nexus One is a complete Google experience. When it's time for an over the air update, verizon is in control of the Incredible. With the Nexus One, Google is. You will get the updates faster...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seriously if this problem with the touchscreen is hardware and they fix or upgrade the verizon nexus ill be pissed they better recall previous N1

It is a hardware issue, I'm pretty sure Google has known about it for quite some time now since it's the same exact touchscreen in many previous HTC Android phones such as the G1. Whether the Verizon Nexus One will have the same touchscreen as the T-Mobile version has already been decided and the phone will not be delayed, all you can do is hope they listened to the customer's complaints and decided to use a different touchscreen for the Verizon version. I would like to clarify that there is actually nothing "wrong" with the touchscreen in the Nexus One at all, the particular touchscreen they used is limited in its multi-touch capabilities, but it's not a glitch or anything, it's working how it was meant to. If you've seen the video demonstration of the "problem" you can see that the proportion of the pinching, or rather, the distance between the two registered points is still the same even though the axis has flipped, so if you are browsing the web, looking at photos in the gallery, or on Google Maps, you won't even notice the problem by simply zooming in and out, it will still zoom exactly how you want whether it registers your fingers on the left side of the screen or the right. The only time you'll notice it is if you are playing games that require certain multi-touch gestures that will trigger the axis flipping such as moving your fingers close together on the screen, and even then it might not be apparent unless the position of your fingers on the screen will change how the game reacts. To be honest, I don't really care since I won't be playing many games on it, certainly not ones that require a lot of multi-touch, and I will still buy the Nexus One when it comes to Verizon regardless of the touchscreen they use.

Also I'd like to add that Verizon won't be selling the Nexus One, and it wouldn't make any sense for them to have any decision in whether or not the phone is delayed like that article suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Mittens View Post
    It is a hardware issue, I'm pretty sure Google has known about it for quite some time now since it's the same exact touchscreen in many previous HTC Android phones such as the G1. Whether the Verizon Nexus One will have the same touchscreen as the T-Mobile version has already been decided and the phone will not be delayed, all you can do is hope they listened to the customer's complaints and decided to use a different touchscreen for the Verizon version. I would like to clarify that there is actually nothing "wrong" with the touchscreen in the Nexus One at all, the particular touchscreen they used is limited in its multi-touch capabilities, but it's not a glitch or anything, it's working how it was meant to. If you've seen the video demonstration of the "problem" you can see that the proportion of the pinching, or rather, the distance between the two registered points is still the same even though the axis has flipped, so if you are browsing the web, looking at photos in the gallery, or on Google Maps, you won't even notice the problem by simply zooming in and out, it will still zoom exactly how you want whether it registers your fingers on the left side of the screen or the right. The only time you'll notice it is if you are playing games that require certain multi-touch gestures that will trigger the axis flipping such as moving your fingers close together on the screen, and even then it might not be apparent unless the position of your fingers on the screen will change how the game reacts. To be honest, I don't really care since I won't be playing many games on it, certainly not ones that require a lot of multi-touch, and I will still buy the Nexus One when it comes to Verizon regardless of the touchscreen they use.

Also I'd like to add that Verizon won't be selling the Nexus One, and it wouldn't make any sense for them to have any decision in whether or not the phone is delayed like that article suggests.
    what do you mean "Verizon won't be selling the Nexus One"?

also, when do you think the phone will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc418 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Mittens View Post
    ...Also I'd like to add that Verizon won't be selling the Nexus One, and it wouldn't make any sense for them to have any decision in whether or not the phone is delayed like that article suggests.
    what do you mean "Verizon won't be selling the Nexus One"?
    I mean that the Nexus One will be sold only by Google and will not be sold in Verizon stores or on Verizon's website. Also I don't think Verizon came to Google asking for the Nexus One, I believe 100% it was Google's decision to bring the Nexus One to Verizon, and Verizon's role was only to give them permission to use their networks, and to give each other access to certain codes and things for activating the phones etc. Verizon does not care about the Nexus One at all, since they aren't selling it and they likely aren't getting any profits from people buying them. I would find it completely ridiculous to hear that Verizon decided to delay the Nexus One.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc418 View Post
    also, when do you think the phone will be released?
    I don't have any insight to the launch date. I'd say the rumored date is still March 23rd, since I do not believe the phone was delayed.

now that there is a rumor that verizon might actually sell the nexus one in store, do you think its possible that the date might be delayed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links