Memory

This is a discussion on Memory within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; In Setting>Applications>Manage Applications, one can move some applications to SD card. Now, from this exchange I understand that such moving is only backup. Right? So, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory

In Setting>Applications>Manage Applications, one can move some applications to SD card. Now, from this exchange I understand that such moving is only backup. Right? So, if one uninstalls an application that is on the SD card does it mean one gains phone-memory?

Smile Losing phone memory

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticWolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    And your point is?
    Point is you can use it to save apps to the SD card.
    No (as NeonMonster stated) Astro can only copy *some* apps to SD card. They still must be installed to and ran from phone memory unless rooted.
    In Setting>Applications>Manage Applications, one can move some applications to SD card. Now, from this exchange I understand that such moving is only backup. Right? So, if one uninstalls an application that is on the SD card does it mean one gains phone-memory?

Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post
    AFAIK No

You'll notice Internal Memory freed as soon as you "Move to SD"

I don't think uninstalling it will free up any more memory

But Hey, I've been wrong before!

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Even if this WAS possible. Its already has been shown that running apps from the SD card isn't a good idea.

You need a VERY fast microSD class, such as Class 6-10, and those cards are more than 2x the price of a standard class 2 card. Even with fast SD cards, they still won't open/run as well as being installed on the phone itself.
    Really? Got a source for that? I'm using the 2GB card that came with the phone (not sure the class but I doubt it's a class 6) and apps run just fine. There *may* be a small delay in opening the programs as they are copied from SD to RAM but I have never noticed it. Once in RAM they run like programs stored on internal flash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links