How does N1 compare to Moto Cliq?

This is a discussion on How does N1 compare to Moto Cliq? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I just picked up a Moto Cliq. It's not a bad phone and it seems to do what I need. How does the N1 ...

Thread: How does N1 compare to Moto Cliq?

How does N1 compare to Moto Cliq?

Hi,
    I just picked up a Moto Cliq. It's not a bad phone and it seems to do what I need. How does the N1 compare? Should I take a chance and order an N1 to compare them and return the lesser phone, risking the $45 return charge for the N1?

My biggest worry - I have a tough time with the on-screen keyboard on the Cliq and find myself using the slide out keyboard. Is the N1's easier to use?

I'll have about a week to compare them if I order the N1 tomorrow, which should be plenty of time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Almost completely different in terms of power and speed.

I don't think the Cliq comes even close to the Nexus! The screen isn't as responsive on the Cliq either, so most likely you would have a easier time on teh Nexus. Still though a hardware keyboard is always better.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I returned my cliq for the Nexus one.

Cliq is slow in tap response. Power button is difficult to locate. small tina.

Worst part is, when the phone rang, the isn't an option to ignore the call. You have to let it ring, or set to vibrate. good that it has a physical button for vibrate..

Cliq is a toy compared to the n1. It's targeted at teens who spend the whole day on Facebook etc.

Well, I went ahead last night and ordered the N1. I'll post on my thoughts on the comparison.

I purchused the Cliq without a contract at RadioShack, so it cost almost the same as the N1. If I end up staying with the Cliq, it looks like I can save about $150 ordering one from ebay.

Cliq is just horrible. It is very unresponsive due to its hardware. You will notice a huge difference jumping to the Nexus. If you buy the Cliq unlocked might as well just grab the Nexus. I always thought I couldn't deal with touchscreen keyboards, but I got use to it. I type faster on my touch screen HTC_ime.apk keyboard than my Droid's physical keyboard lol.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links