Setting Pic as wallpaper

This is a discussion on Setting Pic as wallpaper within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How can I set the whole pic as the wallpaper rather than crop it and set it. Thank you....

Thread: Setting Pic as wallpaper

Setting Pic as wallpaper

How can I set the whole pic as the wallpaper rather than crop it and set it. Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

In order to set the pic across the 5 stock screens, your image must be 960 pixels wide and 800 pixels tall. Anything bigger will have to be cropped and anything smaller will be blown up.
    You can select your 960x800 pic from the gallery and use the crop tool to stretch all around the image, keeping it uncropped.

I want to be able to set the whole pic as the wallpaper. And is there a way the wallpaper also moves with the screens? It's just stupid to think that your wallpaper stretches to 5 screens. There is no point in that.

I actually really like the way the wallpaper spans across the screens and gives that panoramic feel.
    As for what you are requesting, I don't think you can do it without using an aftermarket app like Home++ or maybe a custom ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsGrave View Post
    I want to be able to set the whole pic as the wallpaper. And is there a way the wallpaper also moves with the screens? It's just stupid to think that your wallpaper stretches to 5 screens. There is no point in that.
    Kind of a global statement on your part. I actually like the way it creates a panorama across the screens. Makes for an interesting artistic challenge to make it work, but it's cool when it does.

It sounds like what you would therefor want to do is create a wall paper 192x800 (960/5 x 800) and then copy the image five times stitching them together into a single image, so it shows the same in each pane. Probably want to do some sort of fade on the edges so it isn't so jarring during page transition.

Another option - perhaps there is some sort of programming command similar to that in HTML which freezes the image in the visible pane, meaning you could use a single 192 x 800 image.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links